Sum Perch. It's done.

That looks really nice, Steve.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Looks Good!

I finally got my security door down to the powder coat shop after a year plus of avoiding it. It came back looking pretty decent. Now I need to make a screen frame for it and hang it.

BobH

Reply to
BobH

Looks awesome, that overhead weld is like in textbooks, what paint did you use?

I would love to be able to get to the point of being able to do stuff like that...

Reply to
Ignoramus28420

Some shots of my new 432 sf back yard awning. Took a while, being interrupted by some health episodes. Now, we're working on landscaping, pavers, lighting, tilework, canvas work, etc.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Very tidy Steve, I actually like the dessert / high plains look in the background.

Here in the mid-west I've sadly lost the battle with my lawn for the year with only about half the over-seeding being done. Several drought years with this one being very wet screwed the grass up big time.

Now for the next month it's cleaning up leaves...

This lawn thing is getting PERSONAL!!!

Matt

Reply to
matthew maguire

Another poster in alt.home.repair asked about the paint. IIRC, low VOC industrial enamel from Jones Paint. Will get the actual brand name tomorrow. Around $25 per gallon. It is a little more terra cotta colored than the orangish tint that came out in the pictures.

I wish you lived closer, and I could have given you a day lesson. But just keep up your welding. You'll get there.

I tell you, that is one project that I'm glad is done. I have 186 tons of road base ordered for 0800 to do the driveway, and I'll sure be glad when that's done, too. An easy job with a front end loader. Then on to the garden and landscaping with about 2,000 sf of pavers to do, too.

BUT, on the metalworking side, I will get to make some ornamental metal fencing, gates, decorations, and canvas covered awnings, and I'm looking forward to that after having done it a ton in the past.

Will post pics of those, too.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

matthew maguire wrote in news:sKidnT0Fyt87LZzUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Astroturf has a decided advantage over grass.

Another alternative is green-dyed/-painted concrete.

In snow country, in-ground/-floor heating can provide your neighbors with hours of conversation throughout the winter,

Reply to
RAM³

Very nice!

Reply to