Swing Votes

If you promise to wear your hood.

Reply to
The King

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You weenies sure are tiresome. It's more likely that _you_ would be the kind to wear a hood. In my own personal family I have a wide mix of races, religions, and yes, even politics.... though none believe in taking from the productive and giving to the bums.

Likewise my neighborhood... albeit only a 12 house upper class cul-de-sac neighborhood... multi-racial, and we block-party all the time. Although some of that Pakistani and Indian food is a bit spicy for my tastes :-) ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Keep the leftist weenies scared. I promise that I'll be quite calm as I take aim ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

"Gran Torino" was on the tube again yesterday. ;-)

Reply to
krw

A multi racial tow behind block party. Let me guess, the white guys do the driving.

Reply to
The King

You don't read any better than you think.

Reply to
krw

I think you're a bunch of cross posting f*ck heads. Do us a favor and trim alt.hvac from your hate fest.

Reply to
The King

What an outrageous piece-a-shit you are.

Plonk request granted.

Post here again and we'll reach out and kick your ass. ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

First you'll have to get it out of your mouth.

Reply to
The King

No, but thank you anyway. Hint: I didn't add the silly HVAC group and if it were really that important to YOU, you would have trimmed your group already, dummy.

Reply to
krw

Oh, dear - the EE's are going to smack you with their pocket protectors :-)

Reply to
.p.jm.

But Democrats were swept in on economic fears--the wrong belief that Republicans caused the collapse, and the correct belief that Republicans failed to prevent it.

On health care, just about everyone felt the system could be improved and should be changed. But that didn't mean Americans wanted any arbitrary destruction that could be paraded out under that amorphous, vague, weasel-word 'reform'.

What we got is, according to Sen. Baucus, its author, an income redistribution bill, not anything that makes health care better or cheaper.

Truth is that even now, most Americans polled report they don't know what the h*** is even in the health care law, and the more they learn, the more irritated they get. That's why Pelosi said "We have to pass the bill so we can tell you what's in it." (paraphrased)

If Americans had known, it wouldn't have passed.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Exactly. And now American industry is reacting to the effect on them, stating, like AT&T did ( and Caterpillar, and Verizon, and many others, even in the few days since it passed ) that they will be taking HUGE write-downs ( $ 1 BILLION for ATT ), laying people off, cutting health benefits for employees and retirees, etc, because of the expenses Brobama and the Dems have invented for them.

I bet it EASILY exceeds $ 100 BILLION per year before it's done. Guess who's pocket al that is going to come out of ? Not theirs, count on DAT !. Their prices will all increase, we will all pay more, their employees will get LESS health coverage and pay MORE for it.

And Henry Stinking Waxman aka Rat Boi has the godl plated balls to 'demand' that they come to Congress, submit to an anal exam of their records for the last 10 years, "..including but not limited to all emails between top executives that realte to health care issues", etc. He claims 'This couldn't possibly be true, our staff said it wouldn't hurt businesses and we beleived them even thgouh we don't really know what's in the bill'.

And if the Dems actually cared what the American people think.

The backlash is going to be AMAZING, as more and more people find their insurance at work going up or being cancelled, their premiums doubling, their taxes going up, prices of goods going up, etc etc. All to pay for the multi-trillion dollar 'wealth redistribution via health insurance' of the left wing lunatics and Brobama.

Novemebr might well make 1994 look like a practice drill.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Note: That $1B AT&T charge is against this quarter's profits. So, the new, better health care is costing them $4B a year, to start. The costs scream skyward later, as the plans start paying benefits.

$4B, hmmm. At $100K / per job, that's 40,000 jobs, destroyed.

Ah but they did care, a lot. That's why they had to pass it quickly, on the sly, before people found out, before it could be analyzed, before members faced their constituents over the Easter break.

I dug up the exact quote: =93But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it =96 away from the fog of the controversy.=94 -- Sen. Pelosi

True, but the worst of those things will happen slowly, and not for several years, i.e., after Mr. Obama's reelection. First the massage, then we get the bill. So to speak...

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Does that pass the silly test? Are you sure this isn't a one-time charge against quarterly profits? A gigabuck is still a lot of money, but $4B/year forever is a bit high, no?

Reply to
krw

I thought only Union members were allowed to wear hoods?

Reply to
Don Ocean

Can't tell--the news just came out Friday, with no press releases I can find. We'll have to wait for AT&T to explain. (Next quarterly report is due Apr. 21.)

The change results from new tax rules under Obamacare for prescription benefits to retirees. AT&T has 283,000 employees, and who knows how many retired workers? If they've 1 worker per retiree, $4B would be $14K/worker, which seems unlikely. $1B would be $3.5K per.

"AT&T said that it was also looking into changing the health care benefits it offers because of the law. Analysts say retirees could lose the prescription drug coverage provided by their former employers as a result of the overhaul." --AP

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

That group has more idiots & trolls than alt.usenet.kooks.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Guys, thats not something to even joke about.... they are alive and well in the *real* south. I was invited to attend another "headlight party" a week or so ago. Yes, I politely declined (again).

Reply to
Steve