TIG fuseable link?

I fired up my Dialarc tig last night and got it going for the first time since I bought it about 2 years ago. The fuse in the water/power line is leaking water from a crack in the fuse housing. As I understand it this fuse is to protect the cable in case the water flow stops. How much power will the wire handle with no water before there is a problem? Mostly just curious as it seems like there is not that much difference in the wire to the air cooled torch as the water cooled one. I now see the difference between the Harbor Freight DC TIG machine and the Miller Dialarc. On aluminum in A/C it takes about double the current to run a bead w/ the dialarc as the DC Harbor freight. It is easier to get nice results with the Miller and the cleaning zone is narrower. Next experiments are with gas lens fittings. I am having fun anyway :) Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Usually a 200 amp water cooled torch can handle 100 amps with no water running.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler