Tig technique question

If one wants to weld to pieces of round stock together..with tig....how the hell do you weld around the od?

I make solid welds..but they really dont look pretty. Not laying them horizontal and starting . Big stuff...over 4"...not so bad..but today I had to weld a couple pieces of material about 7/8 in diameter..

Whats the secret to tig this way?

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

I usually grind the ends down to chisel edges, then start alternating sides until the groove is filled in on both sides.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Center less Tigging :-)

Two rods rotating together - just in the touch area - after perfect grinding the ends flat and perfect.

As the speed is just perfect the Tig is added just Perfect for a perfect job. ;-)

Martin

Mart> If one wants to weld to pieces of round stock together..with

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn