Tig Welder Mod. , PC Board

Hello
Am still looking for someone that has built or would have PC board Gerber
file etc . for the Dave Barrett TIG welder mod. , would think that someone
must be working on this project .
Thanks
Phil
W8KLK
Reply to
Phil
I'm working on it (now and then) but i changed a few things. I replaced all the leds and relays drivers for a couple of uln2003. Saves a lot of components.
I believe there was some discussion about it on diywelder.com but the site seems down. One forum member had made some pcb layouts. Do a forum search when it's up again.......
SFC
"Phil" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com...
Reply to
SFC
OK , I appreciate hearing from you , I did try the DIY site that you mentioned and as you said it seems to be down , I have been doing aircraft and precision welding for many years , retired about a year ago , have an older Miller 330 that has good performance but very basic , I have recently rebuilt the rectifiers etc. , would like to upgrade the old machine to be as useful as the Squarewave that I left behind at work , would be interested in the changes that you have made to Dave's design , a guy that has a site
seems to be working on the same project and has also made some improvements , not able to reach him , thanks for your help. Phil W8KLK
again.......
Phil
Looking at the pcb layouts it seems they are the one i saw on the diywelder forum.
I only replaced the led and relaydriver transistors for a couple of ULN2003. This chip is ideal for driving relais, lamps etc. Also I believe that the 32.768khz osc of the frequency counter is missing some resistors. Couldn't get it to oscillate witout them. That's all for now...
SFC
"Phil" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@enews2.newsguy.com...
again.......
SFC
OK , I appreciate the info , haven't started to put anything together yet , been looking at the schematic and holding off a little while , am hopeful that the bugs will get worked out of the system before I start , still unclear about the one circuit that is for calibration , can see a couple of 24 v. relays being pulled in to close a 5 v. circuit to the Arc Start , am still unsure what Dave is doing there , can also see the two 4017 's that set the % of Neg. and understand the two ten position thumb or rotary switches , I think the common for this system is Gnd. , but not clear , several other questions but they can wait . Thanks Phil W8KLK
again.......
Phil