Tig Welder Mod. , PC Board

Hello Am still looking for someone that has built or would have PC board Gerber file etc . for the Dave Barrett TIG welder mod. , would think that someone must be working on this project . Thanks Phil W8KLK

Reply to
Phil

I'm working on it (now and then) but i changed a few things. I replaced all the leds and relays drivers for a couple of uln2003. Saves a lot of components.

I believe there was some discussion about it on diywelder.com but the site seems down. One forum member had made some pcb layouts. Do a forum search when it's up again.......

SFC

"Phil" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com...

Reply to
SFC

again.......

Phil

Looking at the pcb layouts it seems they are the one i saw on the diywelder forum.

I only replaced the led and relaydriver transistors for a couple of ULN2003. This chip is ideal for driving relais, lamps etc. Also I believe that the 32.768khz osc of the frequency counter is missing some resistors. Couldn't get it to oscillate witout them. That's all for now...

SFC

"Phil" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@enews2.newsguy.com...

again.......

SFC

OK , I appreciate the info , haven't started to put anything together yet , been looking at the schematic and holding off a little while , am hopeful that the bugs will get worked out of the system before I start , still unclear about the one circuit that is for calibration , can see a couple of

again.......

Phil