weld pool

Hello, Can any one help me to find " computer code " to convection in weld pool ( effects of thermocapillary, buyoancy....) thinks for any help

Reply to
nekbila

There have been a few articals in "Welding Journal", the AWS rag, over the last few years.

I,m sorry, no there are no codes in " W.J ",

Reply to
nekbila

best I can tell you is a) my memory may be faulty as to source and I will dig a bit in my pile of assorted journals, b) you arn't likely to find anything with computer source listed, or, for that matter, algorithms. What you will find is equations describing th convection and heat transfer models, designed for finite element or particle tracing analysis, proably designed for a standard tool. I would have sworn that WJ has had a few in the last couple years, and will dig through the pile as time permits.

It would help if you could give a little info as to what you are looking for. Convection is a common simulation, and a model for, say, liquid helium might be modifyable for some purposes.

Can i find a code to simulate weld pool convection by a moving CO2 laser?

Reply to
nekbila