Welding back tape?

Hello all,

Awhile back there was a post on some tape that you could put on the back side of a welding joint and eliminating the need for back purge. I was wondering if this is a good idea to use of Stainless Steel and has anyone used it? I doing some enclosures that would be a real pain the back side to back purge. Also a name of the tape you used (if anyone has tried it) would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn Houston, Tx

Reply to
m5bmw

Here is a link to a manufacturer.

Hope this help

Reply to
Gerald Austin

See

for one make. Iv'e fiddled with it, but not used it extensively. Seemd to work quite well. I have several aquantainces in the boiler trade that regularly do jobs where it is required.

There is also a paste flux you can brush on the backside, called Solar Flux.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

"m5bmw" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Sometimes when the welding is not so critical, I have used just alutape, as thick as possible or double. The result is much much better than not to use anything, and it is cheap. Tor Norway

Reply to
TOR HØILI