Welding bottles

Just wanted some input on my local dealer's pricing for a set of oxy/actet tanks. He has quoted me $199 filled out the door, 92 oxy/ 75 acet, owning them. They don't have any other options for me. Is this a reasonable deal? Should I spend more time trying to find bottles?

Thanks, Rod

Reply to
rod richeson

Gas bottles cost about the same all over the US. They will resell for the same money you paid for them 20 years from now. They are a commodity that sits outside the normal retail world.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Sounds reasonable to me. I have found that having the bottles refilled where you buy them is a lot easier. Some companies recognize owner bottles, and fill them no questions asked. Some can be hardline and want you to produce proof of ownership. Others will not fill anything but THEIR bottles. $199 out the door filled is good. You're in, you're out, you're gone, you're welding. And take them back to the same place, unless somewhere else is a lot cheaper, and they will take owner bottles.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hello me, it's me again. ;) What size is each bottle?

Rod Ryker... It is reasoning and faith that bind truth.

Reply to
Rod Ryker