Welding chrome vanadium tool material

I welded some chrome vanadium things together today (needed to make a quick socket wrench for a particular bolt) and I was surprised as to how easy it is to make SUPER nice looking welds.

Ignoramus1162

It helps when you have a stainless alloy admixture at hand so to speak. I have noticed that when welding on hand wrench material. At the time I just let the weld cool in still air. I didn't experience a fracture during use. I was partially expecting a problem even though the weld looked nice, smooth and shiny. Randy

R. Zimmerman