What a pleasant supprise.

This is normal (universal?). Closing your pupil some increases depth of field.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Heh! I learned to flip the helmet down, use a standard large lens helmet, and get by for the somewhat limited welding I do these days. Most of the time I am coaching newbies rather than gun/stick in hand so that works fine.

I might add that regular (old fashi> RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

The more expensive ones also have a larger window.

Reply to
Pete C.

The more expensive auto dark lenses are the same viewing area as the regular large lenses.

Reply to
Pete C.

Ive got a Pair of 300 watt halogens mounted above my welding table..and I run them whenever Im tigging and quite often when MIG welding.

It really really helps

Gunner

Gunner Asch