PDF Problems

I don't remember when, (a while back), I started having trouble printing to Acrobat 5. If there's a bitmap in my dwg, like my stamp and sig, they are printing "mirrored" in the Y, and so are not of much use. If I mirror them in the dwg, they look fine in the pdf. I tried tinkering with a bunch of settings in Acrobat without success.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I don't remember when, (a while back), I started having trouble printing to Acrobat 5. If there's a bitmap in my dwg, like my stamp and sig, they are printing "mirrored" in the Y, and so are not of much use. If I mirror them in the dwg, they look fine in the pdf. I tried tinkering with a bunch of settings in Acrobat without success.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Reply to
Robert

Huh?

Anyone have a fix for this? --

MichaelB

Michael Bulatovich

Acrobat 5 is a piece of junk and had lots of problems. Upgrade to Acrobat

7 Professional and the PDF problems should disappear.

BTW, I made a stamp and sig in Acrobat and paste them into the PDF, then make the PDF as a "Print Only". Using this procedure it's possible to have the PDF be in black & white (from your cad program) and have the Stamp and Sig be in color. Print the PDF to a color printer and you have a b&w print with stamp & sig in color.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

So you've seen this problem before?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Are you plotting upside down? I have an Excel file in a drawing and when I print upside down, my normal print setting for the sheet number to come out first, the Excel file prints upside down. Chuck

Reply to
CHARLES FLEMING

No. Only the bitmaps are reversed.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Are the bitmaps orientated horizontal or vertical? Chuck

Reply to
CHARLES FLEMING