Subject Author Posted Replies

Cameron Micro Drill Chuck
I recently inherited a Cameron Micro Drill Press Model 164. It has an Albre= cht 0-1/8" Keyless chuck and it works great but I'd like to be able to use = a little larger bits so I think I need a...
16
16

Making yer own backup generator?
Awl -- The online big-box for generators appears to be I was seriously looking at Generacs, woulda bought one some time ago if the lead time wasn't MONTHS, after all that weather bullshit in the...
82
82

ball detent pocket shape
Was just wondering if there is a feel-able difference for a ball-shaped pocket versus a drilled hole; this for a twist control worked by hand. I I think a drilled hole might give a "snappier" action...
1
1

What is it? Set 449
I need help with three of them this week: Rob
27
27

Saw a scary scene today
I was at a closed down factory today. The factory was bought out by a scrapper. I bought some ironworkers, angle cutters, hoists and such from him. One thing that I bought was a 7.5 ton bridge crane...
23
23

Happiness through chemistry
I am etching this: electrolyte is 3500 ml H2O, 800 g of CuSO4 and 360 ml of H2SO4 (battery acid concentration - say 32.5%). The piece (anode) is recycled brass thingy of uncertain provenance. The...
1
1

Overhead Door Springs
Ok... When we got new overhead doors in the garage a few years ago they put in all new hardware. Rails, springs, everything. I was busy at the time, and had more money than time. Not so now, so please...
6
6

Does this clutch exist?
I am looking for a type of clutch similar to a sprag clutch, but one that allows the inner ring to rotate freely, in EITHER direction, but engages when the outer ring is moved. Does this kind of...
11
11

Tree mill
"The Kid" just bought a mill. control is dead. Anyone know if this control is worth repairing? Or has my son just bought me a winter project? Karl...
20
20

Heat & beat (blacksmith type of question) - reshape end of crowbar
Greetings all: My favorite crowbar / wrecking bar is one that came with a house that I bought. this crowbar had the claw broken off by a prior owner and it appears that someone tried to weld it back...
2
2

Regaining the tarnish on a silver(metal related<g>) ring
My lovely bride has an 'inexpensive' silver ring that she _really_ likes and wears most of the time. It came with a lovely "tarnish" that gives it some character. She has had the ring re-pronged twice...
16
16

OT: Plumbing Parts
Confronted with a leaky Moen shower valve, I discovered that the replacement cartridges are virtually unobtanium, in a timely fashion. Explanation from the plumbing guy at the local Borg is that...
46
46

Looking for reloading scale
Looks like a lot of stuff on Craigslist, should be some in your area as well. NB
19
19

Press Fit Nylon Seal?
I am the defacto primary gunsmith for the MIT collegiate pistol team. They have a large number of Czech CO2 pistols that were made about 20 or more years ago. They shoot very accurately, and are...
22
22

Impact wrench (air) repair
Picked up my impact wrench (1/2") and it stopped working. Pull the trigger and all you get is air out of the exhaust. No rotation. Is this worth tearing into? Could something be gummed up, not letting...
37
37