Subject Author Posted Replies

Trepanning D-2 disks
I have 12 each D-2 disks that are 1.050" thick that need a 4" bore. I want the inside pieces of D-2, they are great for small dies, jigs and other tooling. So, I'm trepanning the hole. I haven't seen...
16
16

Knurling tools
I feel the need to knurl. Busy Bee has a bunch of knurling tools on sale. I have a 9x20 lathe so I suspect only the clamping type with 3/8" shank comes into play. Can anyone comment on the available...
11
11

God did not help that particular pastor
Washington Post Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake bite
14
14

ac pressures
My truck cools ok except when it is really hot outside and at idle. With an outside temp of 74 the low side pressure is 42 and the high side pressure is 115. Do these pressures sound correct?
3
3

Freelancer Payment Protection Act
OK, I know this is contributing to the problem of political posts on these two groups -- but man this one burns: Why no? (A) because I like having work as a freelancer, and this will make potential...
48
48

Small plate clamp needed
I put carabiners (snap hooks) through the back of Kant-Twist clamps to hang metal sheets. Small C clamps work well too, but scratch the galvanizing more. jsw
2
2

Can fabricators out there help me with an ac line/tubing question?
I have asked and asked and everyone just tells me to "take it to a shop" etc, etc. I know sometimes it is more cost feasable to do that but sometimes I want an excuse to buy a tool and learn something...
11
11

What is it? Set 443
I need some help with the first and last items in this set: Rob
27
27

Speakers Finished
For those of you beathlessly waiting...I finally finished the veneering, and after 35+ years, they're finally finished. Pics here: content: I guess I could run some Heavy Metal through them, or...
26
26

participate in study on career issues
Hi everyone, I am a doctoral student at Auburn University and am offering participation in an online research study related to career and occupational issues. For each completed survey I receive, I...
8
8

Nuts!
Our metalworking group was given a couple of bench grinders. Both run, but are missing the nuts and flanges needed to install wheels. If you have one of these el-cheapo's in you shop, please get some...
12
12

Hydraulic riddler (solved)
I have a riddler for you guys. This one had me scratching both ends for a while! I built a press for a customer that has full-pressure extension on two cylinders, but the bottom cylinder has a...
7
7

Commemorative Pistol
Commemorative Pistol Ruger is coming out with a new pistol in honor of members of the United States Senate and the House of Representatives. It will be named the "Congressman". It doesn't work and you...
3
3

Ping Karl!
OOps, those are Platinum resistance temp. detectors, NOT thermocouples. Jon
19
19

Cutting corrugated sheets
"Steve B" fired this volley in news:jq2pnu$i56$ Although the Galvalume guys will tell you that using anything but a shear voids the warantee, almost all the professional pole barn constructors in this...
18
18