Subject Author Posted Replies

Christmas
I don't give a hoot whether it's politically correct or not------I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Walt
3

Why use heavy oils in gearbox?
I am posting this so I can get educated. Just finished taking apart an automatic transaxle (1990 Nissan Maxima) for entertainment and "artsy" parts. From the bearings and races I see a welding...
68
68

Source for aluminum powder in toronto
Hi guys - Have not posted for a while - mostly 'cause of all the spam on the board (going through google) Anyway.... Anyone know a source of aluminum powder in the Toronto area? Specifically as a...
1
1

need help finding metric bearing locknut
Anyone here know of a source for a metric bearing locknut. size is KM13, with a fine thread pitch, M65 x1,5 Standard is 2mm pitch in that size. Found them here: listed under DIN 1804 Looking for a...
5
5

Welding cast magnesium?
Hi All, I have a bicycle frame made from AZ61 magnesium. One of the rear drop- outs (the part where the rear wheel attaches) broke. It appears that this part is made from cast magnesium (the rest of...
11
11

CNC Router suggestions?
Working on a project that looks like it will require a CNC router. 5'x10' table, x-y with plunge z will work. Plastic sheet, around 40 ft. tool path, 20,000-30,000 pcs per year. There are a LOT of CNC...
8
8

E-bay EDM plans
I see a lot of edm plans on ebay that say you can build one in a weekend. Every once in a while I notice they get a bid. My question is this, has even one person, ever completed one, and actually...
25
25

How are box-jointed pliers made?
Hi folks, I'm curious. I have a pair of box-jointed pliers made by CK. If I was to remove the pin from the joint in the pliers, the joint still wouldn't come apart because the shape of the two halves...
5
5

New hoses for my Victor J-27 torch
I need new hoses for this miniature torch and I can't seem to find them.
2
2

viewing spray patterns
I am working on a spray nozzle design, and I would like to be able to view the spray pattern in stop motion. This is not a get rich sort of deal, more of an experiment so the funds for anything exotic...
15
15

What is it? CCXI
A new set of tools has just been posted: Rob What is it?
13
13

It LIVES!!!
Well, after several interruptions, I finally got everything wired up tonight. Reading through the manual was worse than stereo instructions though. I finally thought I was ready, so I turned on the...
16
16

air compresser switch
Ok guys so I need some help. I have an aircompresser that is running my waste oil burner. The burner needs very little air pressure. I want to lower the start up pressure so that the compresser runs...
8
8

Iggy? Forklift rental - machine delivery
I just bought a Monarch EE10 - an old one with the drive out of it so I can afford it. Unfortunately this is the first machine I've bought that is over 1 ton and I need to unload it when they deliver...
22
22

Brown & Sharpe 99-1033 digital indicator
Hi. Just received the B&S digital dial indicator that I won on EBAY. Didn't know much about it, but now I see it requires an AC power adapter/battery charger, which of course, were not included in the...
3
3