Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Christmas stocking stuffers
It is getting close to that time of year. We draw names to keep this managable but I like to buy < 10.00 stuff for those I didn't draw. In various years I've given things like: Maglights Cutting...
12
12

Small brass parts - Polishing questions
Hello Metal Guys, I'm running a garage business selling like like a dozen parts a month of a very specialized clamp for a musical instrument application. The parts are on the order of 1.25" long, have...
13
13

Truck crane lubrication
The truck crane that I have, is comprised of two parts, one is bolted to the truck bed and has a round vertical column, and the second part slides over the column and swivels. It has a lubrication...
12
12

Cutting bolt with minimal heat
Hi all, I=B4ve the following situation: 4 mm mild steel plate in which I made 6 mm holes with thread. In these holes I put bolts which I first dipped in epoxy to fix them in position and seal the...
33
33

Need help drilling a heatsink
Hi guys, I have a project at work, it involves drilling two .600" holes into the backplate of a heatsink and through the fins. On the first try I plunged a .600" drill into the base plate. When the...
21
21

Lincoln Ranger 9?
Bottom feeder machine tool swapper/trader buddy of mine called me to day from Texas. Said he had a welder for me. He is Mexican, runs machine tools into Mexico. I find him Stuff, he runs it south to...
12
12

Set Up for Broaching?
Hi, I am going to attempt to push a 5/8" square broach through a stack of .187" CR pieces and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could read up on the proper broaching set up and procedure? The...
3
3

SET UP for BROACHING?
Hi, I'm going to attempt to push a 5/8" square broach through a stack of .187" cr pieces and I was wondering if anyone can point me to the proper setup and technique? The tool is pricey and I don't...
10
10

custom aluminum radiator
need someone to fabricate a custom aluminum curved radiator, with integral oil cooler . Going to make 10 units any one ?
3
3

Plans for a real cone rolling machine
I am looking for plans for a real cone rolling machine like the frost model 479. You can see the model at the link below; you have somthing about this item please give a mail.
10
10

deep hole drilling
Need to enlarge the bore on a pc of bronze stock fron 1/2" to 3/4" the length of the material is a bit over 12". any suggestions on where I can find drill bits and reamer with extra long shanks? any...
16
16

Chainsaw sharpening redux
I got out my Craftsman chain saw sharpener and found out that my instructions had been fused into one stiff piece of cardboard instead of several folded sheets when it was new. A query to Sears...
6
6

solid state relay?
I'm still working on getting my idle control working on my old Miller gas-powered welder. (Kohler 16hp motor.) The idle control module is dead, no replacements are available anywhere I've found, but...
14
14

FREE OFFER -- truing wheels
> I'll take 'em . Email me your paypal at snagone @ bellsouth . net (remove spaces) , I'll send you my mailing address .
2
2

c45
Is a set screw with a rockwell hardness of c45 too hard to turn down with a HSS bit? Or in other words what would be the maximum B & C numbers that could be cut with HSS? Thanks, Wayne D.
4
4