Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing ID plates
Got "volunteered" to replace, or arrange for replacement, of some ID plates. Didn't hold or examine one, just going by description and pic of the stamping. Thin AL, probably .030. from the...
4
4

Bending 1" X 1/8" aluminum bar
I have to put 35=B0 bends in 1" X 1/8" aluminum. I tried a vice and hammering the end of the bar that sticks out about 1". This looked real bad and if I bent the aluminum too much and tried to...
8
8

Question about Mitituyo 12" Height MAster
I have this tool that I like to sell, but I can't figure out how the darn square blocks move. It has that turn dial with handle for it, but I can turn and turn and turn, nothing happens. This...
5
5

Happy holidays
Hey guys, I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful holiday and thank you for the continued help, advice and friendship this group has offered me. I have learned a lot from many of you and inspired me...
1
1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Just wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Even the Lefties!
6
6

Enerpac cyl rebuild
I was given a enerpac RC506 hydraulic ram that needs a overhaul. Anyone here ever rebuild one of these ? If so what kind of problems did you encounter? Who has the best price on enerpac repair kits ?...
6
6

score
i got a deal on a nice mill today , a used supermax 10 x 50 with power x y z feed. Digital readout needs scales, ( probably buy complete new unit )and might need new screw and nut on the cross, a new...
1
1

Bessey RiteHite in KBC
I was diddling away on my X3 today and looked at the bottom of the Beesey RiteHite. Made in China. Yet KBC (and maybe others) say Made in USA. Another disappointment.
1
1

Model Engine Builder Magazine
I just got around to opening my copy of Model Engine Builder magazine. Thought it strange that I had two in my mail box last week. Figured maybe they got behind and got caught up. No, there were...
27
27

speed of meat grinder
My January landlord uses a commercial Hobart (#33 I think) meat grinder as a fish chum grinder. The gear motor part has died. I told him I could redo it for him. So, I'm looking for a 220 gear motor...
11
11

FREE OFFER -- Harbor Freight 1/4" wire rope and hook
Comes from my truck crane. Free local pickup, shipping is $10, will be shipped in flat rate box and $1.05 will cover my paypal fee. There is nothing wrong with it and it functions as designed. Prone...
9
9

Small gear supplier
We do a lot of prototyping work, I need a source for cheap gears. Most of the things we do could be done with one standard size, 32 pitch seems to be a good compromise. Where I'd like to get to is a...
5
5

OT electrical _and_ electronic design software
So my lab has an EE who uses his own software to work out his own circuit boards, and I have nothing to draw out all the external interface and control systems I design and build. A decision was made...
9
9

Degree symbol °
Ever want to use the degree symbol instead of typing the word "degree"? If yes: With "Numlock" ON. hold down the alt key and type 0176 (USING THE KEYPAD). ° ° ° ° Ha! Pete Stanaitis...
10
10

Banning incandescent lamps?
EISA 2007 is said to ban incandescent lamps. I defy anyone to understand this law. See the lightbulb text here: What, are we gonna have lightbulb police? Apparently the left-hand thread is an...
107
107