Subject Author Posted Replies

At Dealership In Souther'n Sweden 2007-09-28
Scania R114 380 Tankbil 8x2, 2002 Cr 19, 28000 mil, abs, drag, euro 3, klima, totalvikt 32000 kg, maxlast 18370, 24 M3 5 fack, Venst=F6m digital, dubbla slangrullar, wireless =F6verfyllnadsskydd, ADR...

Need suggestions for a light to drive backwards
I had several really bad experiences with driving backwards, with a trailer, in low to no light conditions or in the rain. (one was when picking up thet Bliss punch). It is a big hazard and it is...
19
19

spiral miter gears
I'm trying to establish the right nomenclature for the gear I need to replace. Got the general data but there seem to be a set of letters that are not specifically defined in the manufacturers sites...
1
1

Magic Smoke
The magic smoke finally escaped from my Milwaukee 4.5" angle grinder. I think I got my money out of it ;found in a box of yard sale junk $10 in 1987 looked heavily used then. It's been set up with a...
4
4

Pulley Hub Types
I'm redoing the drive in my lathe and the final belt drive is of the timing belt type, 1/2 pitch, 1-1/2 wide. Anyway I need to buy a new motor pulley and they are available three ways; plain bore, you...
3
3

OT Cholesterol after 3 years of eating mostly meat and fat
I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets, pop, rice, etc. I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is about same as it was two years ago, at 197....
17
17

Tapmatic Collet Needed
Hi, I just bought a used Tapmatic 30-X tapping head and it only came with the smaller of the two collets that were original equipment. Does anybody here have an extra of the larger collets they can...
3
3

What motor to get for my Craftsman lathe 12x36
The motor on my newly acquired lathe doesn't look good to me. wires hanging out, the cover for the fan is gone things like that. I'm wondering what kind of motor to get. I know nothing about motors,...
24
24

Made in America?
I was talking to a friend who runs an unfinished furniture store, featuring "Made in US" products. He told me that a friend of his, who was formerly a mayor of a small upstate NY town, and a...
20
20

Cerablanket for brazin and oter i-temp diddlin
Cerablanket is produced from exceptionally pure oxides of alumina and silica using the spinning process. The resultant quality spun fibers have been optimized for high handling strength, with on...
1
1

On-Topic But Potentially Questionable Content?
Forgive me if this is inappropriate... I don't think it is, but some folks are sensitive to anything that looks like a sales pitch and rightfully so... Most folks here have been watching as I learn...
16
16

Airbus big secret
Will it ever come out that the idiotic move by the European community dictating the removal of lead from solder, and thus weakening circuit boar soldered connection, and thus the grand problem of...
19
19

Steamboating this weekend
--For those who can get there the fun begins tomorrow in the California Delta just off Hwy 12 where it intersects the Mokelumne River, a tributary of the Sacramento River. Hope to have close to 20...
2
2

Mechanical Enginnering for Dummies - any suggestion on design making? Load ratings for common wood and steel materials like 2X4s etc
Hi, I'm doing some hobby level wood and metal fabrication projects around house - shelving, boat cradle/ boat lift / trailer implements/ carts / work tables/ bike racks etc. I'm mostly using scrap...
36
36

Lincoln SP series mig welders versus a retail version?
Hey all And apologies in advance for the crosspost between RCM and SEJW I'm looking for advice with ragards to the lower end of the mig welder family I'm curious as to whether there are any real...
27
27