OT Cholesterol after 3 years of eating mostly meat and fat

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets, pop, rice, etc. I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is about same as it was two years ago, at 197. (it was 187 2 years ago in March 2005). Glucose is at 81, trigs at 67, HDL at 46 and LDL at

138. The doctor said that my cholesterol was fine. I do not personally believe that cholesterol is a useful measure of health, but in any case, eating a lot of fatty meat does not seem to affect it that much. I do, however, try to not eat too much milk fat. i
Reply to
Ignoramus18262

Oh, and I read Colchester! But while you were at the doctor, did you let check your brain to? Or didn't he find any?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Reply to
JR North

I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with the 12" rotary table I picked up downstate today.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Ignoramus3635

Lazy Susan. He was eating lunch, remember?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yup.

Reply to
Wes

I seem to remember Gunner boasting about his physical abilities (running 10 miles with a 50lb pack, lifting such and such weight) which sounded very impressive.... Until his heart attack. (Sorry Gunner, just entertaining an accessable example).

Not trying to preach, but I can't imagine that diet is what your body really wants.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

You can't talk about my wife that way! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

My apologies to Susan. I'll bet she's had to put up with that corny crack through her entire life, eh? d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:35:23 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

Uh, oh. I'd better not touch that one, so to speak.

-- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gout is not much fun.

Reply to
Fred Carpenter

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

It's rather ironic that you've decided to play "Russian Roulette' with your health. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My experience is that gout comes from internal organs like liver, kidney, etc (pepperoni). Maybe peas and beans, but other meats & veges are no problem ;)

nick hull

Wes wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Sure it goes down fine, just wait till it has to come out.......

Bill

Reply to
Bill

That's what boring tools were made for.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Im trying to figure out how to unload the 18" rotary indexer from my trailer.

Anybody need one?

Air powered, rotates a programable number of degrees, then locks.

Nice for bolt circles etc.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch