FS/Clausing Verticle-Chicago area

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It's an 8520 & it's $800. Seems like a good deal to me - Reliable Tools just had a 8520 sell for $1700 on eBay. 'Course it looked a lot better than the CL one.

How bad good the CL one be (serious question)?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

What does it weigh? =3D what its worth

nay Bridgeports rule - Specifically older models before buyout after buyout & casting changes. I know of a nice, very little use, round ram F/S- cute little bugger

- would fit nice in anyone's garage. 5 bills You'd have a piece of true Americana. Toolmakers/Die&Moldmakers machine. You know, they guys that use to made just about the "1st off" of everything before going PROduction & needing clumsy work horse machines like Clausing's or Cincinnati's.

just my 2 cents =3D discounted because of today's economy =3D 1 penny for my thoughts.

Reply to
cncmillgil

You got a M head Bridgeport for sale for $500? Or one of the original round ram full sized Bridgeports from the late 30s?

Im sure someone here will jump on it.

Where is it?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Not just head, the whole enchelada! man. Freekin preeecisoin drilling & EM's upto 1/2" Round Ram

Reply to
cncmillgil

I'll check to see if the guy still has it Monday. Yer gonna haul it to the left coast from Blogoville? hmmmm

Reply to
cncmillgil

This one?

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Not me..but Im sure there are plenty of hobby guys in the area around it who would be damned sure interested in it.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Now ya did it, ya got me going. The thing is so cute & small to fit in the corner of the garage w/o 3phase power(minor problem), uses the small M/T type collets. We always had an M head on the back tang of a normal J head machine for the "small" work & sensitive quill action+ ya got a few more RPM out of it than the old belt drive heads.

most likely gone, its been a few months since I've physically seen it or talked to the guy.

Reply to
cncmillgil

Check it out Monday and see if its still available.

Gunner