Tooling supplier in Chicago area

Do any of you have suppliers for endmills, flycutter ends, etc. in the Chicago area that has a storefront. Grainger is pretty limited and I don't fancy myself as a big job shop (I use Goodson via mail for most of the stuff) But today I snapped the carbide on a flycutter in the middle of a job and that "Oh shit" feeling sunk in followed by a long session of scratching my head. Any clues fellas?

Thanks,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

You will have your flycutter ends tomorrow in the afternoon if you order them from McMaster. They have a will call in Oak Brook also.

I am going to submit an order there today also.

Ignoramus8571

Thank you sir! online I shall be.......

Rob

Reply to
RDF

If you have a McMaster near you, by all means go. It's not nearly as convenient as on line, but it's fascinating education watching them do their thing. Also, you can put in a request for a catalog if you don't already have one, and have a shot at getting one.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

When I went there, I did not see much. I was in a "will call room" and they gave me my stuff in a box. It was also a PITA to find their building due to very screwy roads around them.

Ignoramus8571

Oh, that's too bad. The one in New Jersey had the will call next to the loading floor. You could watch the whole evolution, Receiving on one side of the long warehouse, storage in racks down the middle, picking, packaging, and loading on the side nearest the will call. They have their business down pat.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I think there was a place that sold milling stuff on Pulaski, south of Elston. I have no idea what the name was or if they're still around though.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I'm pretty sure that their warehouse is located in Elmhurst, not Oak Brook. You're right about it being hard to find them though. Even my recent model GPS had trouble with the location.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

J&L Industrial used to have a show room and warehouse somewhere around or in Elk Grove Village. That might have changed since they merged with MSC, though.

Reply to
Mike Henry

Yes, you are right.

Ignoramus23835