Adams Steel ? (Chicago area steel supplier)

Does anyone know about Adams Steel in McHenry, Illinois (about an hour north of Chicago)? Do they sell steel (bar stock, tubes, angles, etc.) in quantities small enough for hobbyists, or do they only do large commercial orders? Can I browse the aisles and pick my own stock, or is everything behind the counter? Or is it cut-to-order like Metal Express?

Anyone know? Thanks.

Reply to
Albert

I've gone in and rummaged through their aluminum stock looking for cutoffs and such. They will cut to order if you want also. I haven't been there for a while, so unless they changed, you shouldn't have any problems.

A few times (years ago) they asked if I called ahead for what I wanted. I think I did that once, but they didn't do anything until I showed up.

Wayne D.

Reply to
Wayne

Yes, we sell bar stock, tube, angle, i-beams, columns, mech. tubing, stainless steel sheeting, aluminum, alum. diamond plate, expanded metals, etc. We sell to the public. You can call/fax/email your order in if it needs to be cut. If you don't know what you want, or want to look at our drops, you can come in, & we can show it to you.

Thanks. Adams Steel Service Inc.

3003 W. Route 120 McHenry, IL 60051-4570 815-385-9100 or 847-381-0045 or 815-385-8382 (fax) or email snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
Reply to
adamssteel