Steel Tube Supplier

Can anyone suggest a supplier of a small quantity of seamless steel tube, prefereably somewhere in southern/easterm GB. Something like
1-1/8OD 12swg as little at a couple of feet would be adequate.
TIA Richard
Add pictures here
✖

Try Orion alloys at Harlow, Speed Alloys in Hertford, ( Hub & Gillespie at Edmonton N18 will most probably have it, but minimum order) or possibly Thames Stockholders in Enfield. Some have "Scrap bins" and will let you have small amounts. Metal supermarkets may have it, but never used them. You could try GLR model supplies in Milton Keynes somewhere. Try your local scrap yard ??? Maybe some kind soul on the group has some laying around the shop. Bob
Add pictures here
✖

Forgot Parkside steel stockholders, didn't read post properly, thought you wanted stainless tube. Try B&Q, they have some tube stuff, never studied it though. Bob
Add pictures here
✖
Emimec wrote:

No seamless (or 12 swg) at B&Q, iirc.
Did you try ebay? 700 mm CDS BS3623 Part 4 CFS 3 BK Mechanical (the pukka stuff, 350 MPA minimum yield) here for £10.74 plus £9.00 carriage (ouch!):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-1-8-ROUND-CFS-CDS-STEEL-TUBE-x-700mm-BK-2-64mm-/400063796758?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item5d25a91616
BTW, sorry I sort-of disappeared and didn't answer recently, I had "probably swine" flu. Thought it had gone away, but apparently not.
-- Peter F
Add pictures here
✖

_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item5d25a91616
Bob, Peter, Thanks for the pointers. I'll have a phone round in the morning.
Richard
Add pictures here
✖
"Richard Shute" wrote

You could also try Mallard Metals.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 21:25:29 +0100, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

†ò”$RØ
'Swine flu' is one of this years component of the flu vaccine - get mine tomorrow.
--
Neil - reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

Add pictures here
✖