Stainless tube

Can anyone point me to a steel stockholder for 10mm square (1mm wall) Stainless Steel Tube?

This is for decorative rather than structural use so the technical specs are somewhat irrelevant.

I only need a 5M length or 16 300mm lengths (about 2Kilo) so the delivery costs may be an issue.

Aalco list it but I doubt that they would be interested in supplying this small quantity to me direct.

TIA

JG

Reply to
JG

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

from Chris Eilbeck

Thanks for the very swift response Chris.

I've looked on the Swagelok site but it seems that they only do round tube. I'll give the 'local' stockist a call tomorrow but I doubt that they will have what I need.

JG

Reply to
JG

Doh! Sorry, missed the square requirement. Metal Supermarkets do it. You may have one local to you.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

I spoke to MS on Friday but the response was somewhat "What are you talking about - Square SS Tube?" - it was 5 minutes before closing though so maybe a further talk with the management might prove more rewarding :)

JG

Reply to
JG

In message , JG writes

Mallard Metals don't list it but are certainly worth a phone call.

Reply to
Mike H

Their website will give you a quote for it.

Category: Stainless Steel Profile: STAINLESS STEEL SQUARES Grade: TYPE 304 Size: 3/L8 Size in inches Dimensions: * (example: 6" or 2 feet) *Length:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Have you tried asking for RHS rather than square tube?

Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

On or around Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:15:59 GMT, JG enlightened us thusly:

have you got an Aalco handy? they've supplied me with small quantites of stuff before, by turning up there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

from Mike H

Thanks Mike - I've sent them an e-mail enquiry.

JG

Reply to
JG

from Chris Eilbeck

I hadn't actually looked at their site except to get the phone number of the Coventry branch so didn't know that there was a 'ask for a quote' option. The site seems to be in the dark ages though :)

They insist on imperial measurments, the space allowed for an e-mail address is too short even for my 'short-form' version, they don't list SS Square TUBE only solid - I've sent them an enquiry anyway.

JG

Reply to
JG

from Tim Leech

No - RHS to me is Royal Horticultural Society - but I'm sure the group will enlighten me :)

JG

Reply to
JG

from Austin Shackles

There is one within about an hoour and a half round trip but in a direction that I seldom have to travel. . . . . . If all else fails . . . .

I must admit that I thought that Aalco was a manufacturer rather than a stockholder.

JG

Reply to
JG

I probably have some offcuts of square stainless tube which most likely are imperial. I recall one fits inside the other, the smaller being 1/2" square. The lengths being about a foot long. If interested, I will double check in the week. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Rectangular Hollow Section.

I've no knowledge of Stainless terminology here, but that's how mild steel square & rectangular tube is usually described.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

from "Emimec"

Thanks for the offer Bob but 1/2" is too large (it would be out of keeping with the overall design).

JG

Reply to
JG

Obvious when you know :)

Knowledge is Power!

JG

Reply to
JG

I posted this before, but it never appeared in the NG.

Try Perchcourt in Birmingham -

tel: 0121

555 6272. I searched for ages for some 20mm square SS tubing, and they had it.
Reply to
lemel_man