Stainless tube

Can anyone point me to a steel stockholder for 10mm square (1mm wall) Stainless Steel Tube?
This is for decorative rather than structural use so the technical specs
are somewhat irrelevant.
I only need a 5M length or 16 300mm lengths (about 2Kilo) so the delivery costs may be an issue.
Aalco list it but I doubt that they would be interested in supplying this small quantity to me direct.
TIA
JG

http://www.swagelok.com/search/product_detail.aspx?part04L-T6-W-035-20
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

Thanks for the very swift response Chris.
I've looked on the Swagelok site but it seems that they only do round tube. I'll give the 'local' stockist a call tomorrow but I doubt that they will have what I need.
JG

Doh! Sorry, missed the square requirement. Metal Supermarkets do it. You may have one local to you.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
from Chris Eilbeck

I spoke to MS on Friday but the response was somewhat "What are you talking about - Square SS Tube?" - it was 5 minutes before closing though so maybe a further talk with the management might prove more rewarding :)
JG

Their website will give you a quote for it.
Category: Stainless Steel Profile: STAINLESS STEEL SQUARES Grade: TYPE 304 Size: 3/L8 Size in inches Dimensions: * (example: 6" or 2 feet) *Length:
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
from Chris Eilbeck

I hadn't actually looked at their site except to get the phone number of the Coventry branch so didn't know that there was a 'ask for a quote' option. The site seems to be in the dark ages though :)
They insist on imperial measurments, the space allowed for an e-mail address is too short even for my 'short-form' version, they don't list SS Square TUBE only solid - I've sent them an enquiry anyway.
JG
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:22:23 +0000, Mike H

Have you tried asking for RHS rather than square tube?
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
from Tim Leech

No - RHS to me is Royal Horticultural Society - but I'm sure the group will enlighten me :)
JG

Rectangular Hollow Section.
I've no knowledge of Stainless terminology here, but that's how mild steel square & rectangular tube is usually described.
Cheers Tim
from Tim Leech

Obvious when you know :)
Knowledge is Power!
JG
from Mike H

Thanks Mike - I've sent them an e-mail enquiry.
JG
enlightened us thusly:

have you got an Aalco handy? they've supplied me with small quantites of stuff before, by turning up there.
from Austin Shackles

There is one within about an hoour and a half round trip but in a direction that I seldom have to travel. . . . . . If all else fails . . . .
I must admit that I thought that Aalco was a manufacturer rather than a stockholder.
JG

I probably have some offcuts of square stainless tube which most likely are imperial. I recall one fits inside the other, the smaller being 1/2" square. The lengths being about a foot long. If interested, I will double check in the week. Bob
from "Emimec"

Thanks for the offer Bob but 1/2" is too large (it would be out of keeping with the overall design).
JG
JG wrote:

I posted this before, but it never appeared in the NG.
Try Perchcourt in Birmingham - http://www.perchcourt.co.uk /, tel: 0121 555 6272. I searched for ages for some 20mm square SS tubing, and they had it.
--
Regards, Gary Wooding