HARDINGE HC WIRING DIAGRAM / ELECT PROB

Took delivery last week of HARDINGE HC CHUCKER serial # HC4172-P with wiring diagram # CHE 8220. Machine is 1.5hp, 60 hertz, 3phase,

220, w/ 3phase 1740 GE spindle drive motor. Machine is supposed to be 1984 vintage but I cant say for sure.

A. Does anyone have the wiring diagram ? CHE 8220 The machine came with the parts list and a sales brochure that dates from the 1980s.

B. Are any other manuals available ? This is new ground for us. I can tell there are some real old pros reading this site, we are teachable.

C. We just plugged it in and got more or less the same results that Ignoramus7092 got back on 02-28-2009. The lathe was turning in the proper direction...we all think....but the carriage ran slow then the machine stopped cold. Would like to have that wiring diagram so we can find our way.

Thanks to all.

-------------------------------------

Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 188431 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
hrdg4me

Manuals are here

I am now Ignoramus18922.

I will be glad to recall whatever I remember.

Ignoramus18922

I have a Hardinge HC 1980s I need help with , I already have spare 5KW VFD I intend to use but how do I go about powering the feed motor? Can I simply buy ftom ebay a variable DC motor controller and use that instead of the current system and just wire it directly to the carriage feed motor

Reply to
Sc00ter