Need an equipment mover recommendation

In July I will be moving from Cupertino California to upstate Idaho.

I want my toys to come with me...

This includes a 15" Clausing-Colchester lathe (fair condition), Myford lathe, Bridgeport (old but good head), Surface grinder (San Jose State surplus), and an engraving machine.

A bunch of smaller stuff like cleaning tank, radial arm saw, drill press, pinion cutter (watch factory), kiln and casting machine.

First I need a recommendation of professional equipment movers that service this area.

Then I need to know how to divide up the load - equipment mover gets the first set and household mover gets everything else?

I need to know if I am better off selling what I have here and trying to replace it in Idaho. Selling the Myford would kill me...

Nice thing about Idaho is every home seems to have a 40x20 shop, concrete floor, with 220 service...

Any thoughts would sure help me. This move is a big deal for me...

Thanks!

Robert

Reply to
rmm20

Do you think you could load the machinery yourself? You'd save a bundle.

Don't know of any reliable riggers in your area but any of the larger firms should work considering your equipment. Of course the smaller companies should be ok also. Just remember to get a CURRENT copy of a certificate of insurance from their insurer.

When you settle on a mover and trucker give me an email if you'd like and I can give you a check list for proper handling and for proper securing on the truck.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger