Miller TIG unit pricing question

I see brand new 200DX units with pulser and coolmate 3 on ebay for $3950, and brand new 250DX Tig Runner, with pulser option and same size cooler for $4472, both delivered to my doorstep.

My question? I've got an older syncrowave 300 right now, which runs fine, but I'd like to step up to something newer, with pulser. Are the TIG runners worth the additional $500? What are the main differences between these two units?

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
Dan

If these are both Syncrowaves, then the difference is simple. The Syncrowave 200DX has a lower duty cycle (1/4" aluminum is a bit too heavy for this machine), it has a rudimentary pulser with simplified controls. The Syncrowave 250DX has a much higher duty cycle, a much higher top amperage (300 amps VS 200 amps), the options for a full featured pulser and best of all a Sequencer.

If you can feed a Syncrowave 300 as far as amps, then you can handle the 250DX. I have had one for several years and love it very much.

The 200DX is meant for hobby work, or production welding of thinner materials like bike frames or sheet metal. The 250DX can go lower for welding really thin stuff.

Reply to
stagesmith

Dan

I'm a Synchrowave 200 owner. your price looks WAY high on the unit unless thats with delivery to Outer Mongolia?

Did you mean a Dynasty200DX and a Synchrowave 250DX?

Reply to
Brent

I guess I should have said Syncrowave 250DX Tig Runner vs. Dynasty

200DX.

For some reason my price on the 200 got mixed up, since the highest Miller 200 Tig I see on eBay right now is only $2427, brand new. (see

The Miller 250 Tig Runner is $4188, without pulser and sequencer:

Dan

(see

sequencer:

OK a Dynasty 200DX is a completely different beast than a Syncrowave

200. The Dynasty 200DX is going to be a serious downgrade in output amps from a Syncrowave 300. You get some really cool new features and great portability, but it will still max out on 1/4' aluminum, 3/16" aluminum is more practical.
Reply to
stagesmith