3000 aircraft plans

i just got a disc containing 3000 aircraft plans on it its good stuff and fairly priced if you wanna look goto

chopperman

StarCad

Bad, bad move.

If you're self-promoting your stuff, make the noun a past-temse verb and "get...., you troll!"

I've seen DirtRiderDude's CD, and yours is probably the same -- scan of plans from magazines (small original image, plus errors from scanner positioning and resolution, small image size) that are totally useless being enlarged to anything near their original size.

A decent scanned plan set as a B&W GIF file (tightest compression) takes about 1 Megabyte. I've seen PDF files for plansets that are mostly blank paper down to about 50KBytes, but getting them printed out is just as much of a pain -- duplicating shops with wide plotters are rare and they charge $$$ for opening non-image files such as PDF and DXF...

These collection/compilation sets are jsut highway robbery, and not worth the effort.

Reply to
Byrocat

I also doubt that there are actually 3000 freeware plans available! Probably have a couple of my designs that used to be on StarCAD as free use from there. I know that his site was ripped off for plans.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I wouldn't have minded so much Paul if they would have just left in the title blocks. But to cover there tracks that was removed. ANYONE BUYING THESE DISKS is being ripped off as the quality of the plans sucks big time and almost all of what you get is a scan of a magazine page. Not worth the shipping or the disc there on.

StarCad

Reply to
StarCad