Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ace Big Bingo
I recently acquired an Ace Big Bingo, which is a giant (85" wing span) easy-flying airplane which looks much like a Four Star. I found one article about the plane on the web, and it mentions that the...
9
9

saito rocker arm fix
Does anyone have a fix for a problem I just developed with a Saito 56. The rocker arm pin on the exhaust valve worked loose. It ruined the threads in the rocker arm carrier which is aluminum. I called...
7
7

Would you allow people to fly your plane remotely via a web service for a fee?
Hi, I've been thinking of a web 2.0 startup that would pair up people with model airplanes with people who would like to fly them remotely via the web from the comfort of their homes. A video camera...
50
50

Gyros?
Hi, I have not been on for some time. What I ask is related to model airplanes but not exactly. I would like to know if the outrunner motors could be adapted to act as a stabilizer for digital...
4
4

Mounting a DX-7 AR7000 question...
I have a Hangar 9 Mustang PTS... Can I put the AR7000 inside the fuse to replace the JR receiver? Antennae will all be concealed deep in the center of the body. Do I have to expose the antennas a bit...
8
8

Hi-Speed Taxi testing: When landing becomes mandatory--SuperHots
This occurred at a local 1800' full scale grass strip, one from which I used to fly our full-scale Cherokee 140 (now sold). You see, my most recent flight experience is full scale, not "models", which...
4
4

Tom Garan
Ton Garan, I've tried TWICE to respond to your email but it was returned 'UNDELIVERABLE', both times If you want a reply from me, please send a GOOD email address. EarlOfTroy AMA 40329

RC Planes Yard Sale
Hi All - I'm not a retailer, I just thought you guys might want some RC plane equiptment. I don't have the time or space for this hobby anymore. (I wish I did). So I'm trying to recoupe some of the...

Cox .049
I have a used Cox .049 RC motor. The throttle is an aluminum ring that rotates around the cylinder, incrementally blocking the exhaust ports. A previous owner enlarged the ports in this ring, making...
1
1

Re: A warning to HAL autopilot users
Did the Tornados have the HALs as well?? david

Feeling better now
I took the little planes out to the field this evening, a Goldberg Eaglet 50 built last summer with my son and the Royal Coachman I just finished. The weather was perfect and I was able to do a lot of...
1
1

Identity of aircraft please?
Browsing around on eBay I came across a photo of a light twin Argus engined aircraft - item 180118617596 - and cant remember seeing one before, looks to be pre-WW2 and was possibly obsolete by the...
1
1

anti-vibration mounts
could try this they have a pretty big range of anti-vibration mounts Anti Vibration Mountings and Vibration Isolation Mounts by Polymax - one of the largest distributors of AV Mounts, Rubber Shock...

crashed the Lazy Ace
Well, I finally got my county flying permit and took my brand new Lazy Ace to the field this evening. (Remember the photos I showed you guys a month ago?) Range check and control functions were good...
6
6

Converting RC engine to CL?
Hi all, My latest acquistion is a used Super Tigre .40 RC engine. Fired it up & it screams! :-) I'm contemplating running it on a CL aircraft. Is there any special tricks/mods to turn it into a CL...
10
10