Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Spitfire plans wanted
Hi, I'm attempting to scratch build a Mk I Spitfire to 1/10th scale. I need plans that have accurate fuselage cross-sections as I intend to hot-wire cut them from styrofoam. Where can I buy such...
1
1

Water-based polyurethane??
I'm painting a model with latex paint -- first try. The latex isn't fuel "proof" for glow fuel, so I need to cover it with a clear coat. I was thinking of using Polycrylic (thinking that was a...
4
4

OPINION input requested
Ref: Discussion of SuperHots, I expressed the following OPINION If I'm wrong, don't pull any punches, just tell me where I went wrong. bob In my OPINION, whether the centerline of the crankshaft is...
5
5

MS Composit makes and distributes an autopilot for RC Helicopters!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MS Composit makes and distributes an autopilot for RC Helicopters! The HeliCommand ! The HeliCommand unit stabilizes the geographical position of the model helicopter it also...
12
12

FS: PICA DUELLIST
PICA DUELLIST - TWIN ENGINE - NEW IN BOX - KIT

Inflight Video II (with crash!)
OK this time Burger King didn't fare so well. I hurried up my landing for some dumb reason, got too slow and tip stalled into the ground. Here is the video. Got a couple of crushed wing tips,...
1
1

Cleaning out the shop
Well I finally got around to it. I've gone 100% electric so I've purged my shop and have put all the excess stuff I'll never get to using on e-Bay. Item number: 260118187410 Lots of giant scale parts,...

Wanted - small propellors
I can find 6x3 props just fine, but anyone remember the old 5 1/4 x 3 props? Does anyone know where I can find these?
20
20

XTR bug?
I just acquired Reflex XTR, the latest version that just reached suppliers this month. I find airplanes encountering an artificial "wall" made up of alternating red-and-transparent stripes running on...
5
5

prop balancing question
I have an (overpriced) Dubro prop balancer. I have a nylon prop, 6x3, that I believe to be out of balance because of the vibration that occurs when the engine tops out. I took an old wood prop,...
11
11

teedee .049 question
I have a teedee .049 that has only been run on the bench. I cannot get the engine to run smoothly. It will run for a bit, and then lean out and surge, and then smooth out. It's defintely not stable...
3
3

Glow plug Batt.
Is it OK to use a 1.5volt drycell Batt. instead of the normal 1.2Volt NICAD Batt. for the glowplug starter? Thankyou Carl
19
19

Re: Pete n' Poke
It is actually the wing profile that's to blame on most of thes planes, as drag increases dramatically with speed, with planes that ha a thick, cambered airfoil - helps a bit if the wing's incidence i...
2
2

Re: the weirdest, most exciting things
This Aeropter was a design by a dear friend of mine, Sqd. Ldr. (ret'd John Crampton (a cold war flying ace), now in his 90's, if he's stil around. He had designed a lot of planes through the years,...
2
2

Anybody need a radio?
I've Futaba T6-XAS comuter radio I'm not going to use anymore. I moved up to a 9CAP. This radio is literally like new. Always cased. Batteries are good.You can email for pictures or details or a phone...
1
1