Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Great Planes "Reflection"
Anyone out there built a reflection and flown it? I bought the kit and tried to assemble. Every last one of the plastic clips snapped when I was trying to install them onto the carbon fiber rods. So I...
3
3

Model Stolen at SEFF
Hi everyone, While loading our van with our vendor stuff at the SEFF meet, a little 15" R/C Hydroplane boat was stolen off our table. It is white. It's a one of a kind. It says Micro Bat on it and has...
6
6

Gluing Styrofoam?
Howdy Folks, I'm working on a new design, and have opted to use flat foam this time around. I'm building a smaller "chuck model" to test flight stability and stuff, but also wanted to use the graphics...
21
21

Advice on converting an Alpha 40 to Electric
I have an Alpah 40 that I intend to convert to electric. Does anyone have any advice in this area? I have looked at some combos and it looks like it will run somewhere around $400.00 for the...
2
2

MS Composit (Fishers, Indiana) sells EPP foam aircraft
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MS Composit (Fishers, Indiana) sells EPP foam aircraft that are pre- hinged and pre-airbrush finished and ready to fly in record time. They are ultra-bounceable and are made from...
16
16

Simmering .049s, done
Having reassembled the engine and having it start up reasonably quickly the first time, and with a single flip the second and third... Should I play hooky from work tomorrow morning and go fly?
3
3

Newbie - kinda
Hi All, I have read through the last 450 or so articles and got some answers. I'd like some further clarification/opinions. Many years ago, I use to build and fly rc airplanes. Mostly built them and...
17
17

Do ESCs have BEC
Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to electric flight. Do all ESCs have a BEC for the receiver? Does the flight motor cut before the voltage gets too low for the receiver? Thanks Mike
3
3

Changing a 72 receiver crystal to a 75?
Are there any crystal controlled receivers designed to take any crystal between 72 Mhz and 75 Mhz? I have a VEX Robotic 6 channel transmitter on channel 89 and I want to receive the PWM signals on a...
10
10

Scorpion outrunner motor kits
Goedendag ;-) Pre-ordering Scorpion complete outrunner kits, 22 and 30mm stators: and answers groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands E fly-in, Aug.26,

Radio Transmitter work with other brand receiver
New to RC. I'm getting a Futaba 7CAP 7 Ch FM PCM Transmitter and wondering if it will work with other brand receiver like Hitec or do I have to use the one made by Futaba? The plane I'm interested in...
8
8

Soldering - What am I doing wrong?
I'm having a heck of a time putting Deans connectors on my battery packs. I have melted 2 female sides trying. I've tried silver solder & flux and rosin core solder & flux. I've tried two soldering...
22
22

radios not on the cutting edge
I'm an old fashioned guy, so I've always stayed away from computer radios. I like basic stuff, but there are a few features that I'm looking for. What I really want is an old fashioned radio with...
7
7

Polk Seeker II issues
Over a year ago I bought 4 Seeker II receivers from Polk Hobbies. I kept two and gave one each to a couple of friends. Two of us installed them and began flying. Oddly enough those two were both...

NITRO Models
Has anyone out there done any business with them? They advertise quite heavily in MAN but the ads are weird. There are about 4 different aircarft they call a P-38?? Anyone know anyhting about their...
2
2