radios not on the cutting edge

I'd say the Hitec Laser 6 comes closest to that description, followed closely by the Airtronics VG600. Anything else is a computer radio. You might want to consider a computer radio now. They have come a long way in the last few years. I would get one in the same brand as used by fliers in your club. That way, you can get help from them if you need it. There are also books explaining programming available.

Reply to
Vance Howard

I'm an old fashioned guy, so I've always stayed away from computer radios. I like basic stuff, but there are a few features that I'm looking for.

What I really want is an old fashioned radio with manual trims, servo reversing, aileron/rudder mixing, flap/elevator mixing, and a three position flap switch. I used to have an Airtronics Vanguard 7 channel radio with all of these features, but it was getting pretty old and tired so I got rid of it. I wouldn't mind having a brand new one of the same radio, but I don't want another old worn-out one.

Can anybody tell me what other radios might fit this description?

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

I have an Airtronics Vision that I will sell you fairly inexpensively. I will even kick in a couple old Spectra's. The batteries for the Spectra's will need some careful attention, but if they will help you better there than the trash can. I have a module on Channel 55 with at least 2 and possibly 4 RX's. It is possible I have another module/RX pair but I won't swear to it right now. The manual is included.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Are these PCM radios by any chance?

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

The Vision will talk PCM or non PCM..your choice. I am pretty sure the Spectra is not PCM.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

If you have more than one model the old sets are an utter pain though because you have to change all the trims and mixers every time you change planes.

Fleet radios do most of that.

Reply to
markzoom

You might look at Hitec's Laser 6, it has manual trims. I get Hitec stuff from . No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

The only computer radio I know of with manual trims is the Polk's Tracker III. I have one but my feelings are mixed about it.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

I trained myself from the start to trim the radio as needed, then reset the control linkage in the plane so the trim tabs could be centered. Also, I always have more radios than planes because when my collection of planes grows to 5 or 6 I start selling them to make room for whatever I'm building next.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds