A bad deal I thought you shold know about.

I've waited a couple of days since this happened to see if I would just let it go, but the sick feeling I have in my stomach forces me to contact you because besides myself you may very well be the only UVA member who gives a shit!

Now more to the point - I've been drafted as 1/2 A Pylon Racing CD for the upcoming year so I was asked by Don to attended the Presidency meeting last Thursday.

Don had this huge box of stuff that you had donated to the club to be given out to the members as door prizes at the Annual Dinner this coming Thursday.

Well Elwyn Peck, our new illustrious leader took one look at that box and proceeded to pick out items for himself to "purchase" from Bill at

10 cents on the dollar. I asked him if he was really going to do that and he replied that he already had. What a PRICK!

I don't know why Bill or anyone else there didn't express concern over this selfish act but no one did. He also wanted to raise the dues (he gets his membership free cause he's the president) from $35.00 to $40.00.

I don't know how he can justify his actions with his religion but then that's just me. Sorry to burden you with this but it seemed to me that I had to tell someone who wasn't in that meeting room and you seemed the best choice.

What you do with this info is up to you but I'm going to try to someway let the other 80 members know what kind of a President they have elected for the upcoming year.

Reply to
2fast

This should underscore the importance of checking who an e-mail is REALLY going to before pushing that send button. This is likely to be an embarrassment to the writer, the president of the club, the club, and several members. However, I tend to agree with the writers assessment of the "leader", but I'd like to hear the other side.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Links to contact some of the unfortunate are found here.

Should be an interesting awards banquet this Thursday.

Reply to
Fly N Dawal

You know in the beginning I was taken a back to find out I had mistakenly sent this out to the NG & the person I wanted it to go to but now I think it must have been a freudian slip. I'm glad I did it. The other members need to know what's going on behind thier backs. I don't know if any other members use Usenet but I guess we're gonna find out!

Reply to
2fast

I'll bet the other members are glad that the slip happened, too.

Geezer

Reply to
Geezer

...with his religion. Yeah, it's always 'pass the offering plate' with those folks. Nothing too surprising in your post in my opinion.

Reply to
Jim