A newbie question

I'm starting back into modeling after a 40 year break. Things have changed a lot since my days of Ambroid , silkspan and dope! Is it possible to use Monocoat covering for trim (stripes, etc.) over a surface painted with acrylics? Any special techniques needed?

Reply to
<rmaheuxr

It mostly depends on whether or not you are using fuel or electrics. For both, a final sealer would be good to keep any tiny fraying from becoming a towed banner of pinstripe width. The type of sealer will be determined by the power you are using. For electrics, photo fixative is fine. For fuel, a hot fuel proof sealer is needed. Clear epoxy paint works well for that. Several light coats.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

yes, but peel and stick trim film is a bit easier

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher