Airplane Building Plans?????

Where can i find good building plans for plans around .40-.65 60" to84

or so wing span. I love building with sticks and glue. At the moment have a 72# wing, 12" wide straight that I'd like to build a fuselag for. I'd like my next project to be either an WW1 or post WW1 plane o about the same size. Can anyone help with a web site, and no i don' mind paying for good plans. Thanks Guy

-- Dillio

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dillion's Profile:

this thread:

Dillion

Try these. They are all free to download, there are many different styles broken up into categories.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Reply to
MJKolodziej

I think they have all the old RC Modeler plans.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:35:55 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Robert Reynolds instead replied:

I absolutely love the Q-Tee! I've built 25 or so of them over the years since the kit stopped being manufactured. My original Q-Tee is still flying with most of its parts being replaced. I used it as a trainer for many years and gave it to a friend who still flies it now and again for nostalgic reasons.

Every time I teach a new pilot, I give them a Q-Tee from my workbench. I have templates in aluminum and Bakelite(tm) for every part needed and Delrin(tm) layout boards to speed up the process.

My next project with the Q-Tee is to lighten it and make it into an electric capable model. New battery and motor technology will help.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

My favorite source for plans is RCM Magazine. Although the magazine is no longer published, the plans are still available. There are a lot of really great airplanes in this catalog. They used to be a bargain, but the prices have increased significantly. Good thing I bought most of mine 15 years ago.

I'm currently building a Cloud Dancer 40 and a Q-Tee.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

Those plans could be from Model Airplane News, but they're definitely not RCM plans. RCM plans are at

Robert Reynolds

I've always loved the Q-Tee myself. Being self taught, I had my first real success with it. I've built around a dozen of them, and I even designed my own 1/2A trainer called the Phoenix based on it, but with some improvements in my opinion. The Phoenix had an enclosed fuselage, sheet tail and fully sheeted 42" wing. It flew great with Texaco or Black Widow power. I may upload my plans to the aforementioned public domain plans site just to see what everybody else thinks of it. I submitted it to RCM in 1994 and they almost published it, but then they decided that the Cox 049 was dead and electric was the way to go for trainers, and that beginners probably don't want to build anyway. They may be right, but I feel like that was the end of a Golden Age.

The Q-Tee is great the way it is, but I always build the wings with leading and trailing edge sheeting, shear webs, and capstrips. I've built a few of them with the wing tips swept back about a half inch to compensate for a bad CG. I thought they flew better than usual. Maybe you want to try it.

The status of my current project is that I have three complete fuselages and one complete wing (built straight), ready for covering. I'm thinking of doing one set of wings with a half inch sweep, but I haven't decided what to do with the third yet. Power will be the Cox Texaco of course.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds