AMA Bylaws VOTE !

"""Is this idea of term limits for the AMA a good one? I don't know. Does Dr. Frank have a valid argument? Again I don't know and I doubt he will tell me. """

that is RIGHT I will not!!!

Reply to
sfrank69

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:08:43 -0600 "Six_O'Clock_High" >>taking control of the EC away from the membership and they are only

So we have discrimination against certain members (those not labeled "leader members") in the AMA and that is perfectly OK? Maybe some of the non-leader members haven't been given a chance to show their interest in being involved? Who is going to nominate me to be a "leader member"? Do I have to pay someone a bribe? This "leader member" distinction is crap. Every person who pays their dues should have a say in the organization. Not just certain "special" members. If some just pay their dues and only want to go fly, then that is their choice. They shouldn't be discriminated against just because they don't want to get involved in the politic side of the org. I pay my dues, I expect to be able to vote on all issues put to the membership, not just on certain issues.

Reply to
Vance Howard

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:02:02 -0800 (PST) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com remarked:

More discrimination. Everyone who pays dues should have a say.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Some leader you are. I hereby strip you of your title.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:08:43 -0600, "Six_O'Clock_High"

All members should have a say. The same say as any other member.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Stay off the back channel, mate. I hereby sentence you to thirty lashes with a mouse cord. Off with your shirt, former leader.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

and if you read history at all, the founding fathers actually had it in mind that the Congress seat WOULD be temporary - go to Washington, serve a few years and go back home. It wasn't until the late 19th/early 20th century that it became a "full time career".

Reply to
Michael Austin

I am for term limits........ Yes, term limits can get rid of a good person. But by the same token, it can get rid of a bad one too. Does anyone remember Mr. McNeil the previous VP from Florida? Several times an effort was made to defeat him. IIRC, he didn't even fly at all. It is sad he had to die to be replaced.

As most of you know it is extremely hard to beat an encombant regardless if he is good or bad. Only about 1% of AMA general membership even bothers to vote.

For those bothered about the leader members being the ones to vote on bylaw changes, leader members vote on bylaw changes whereas all members vote for the representives. I do not have a problem with that because this keeps many short time members from upsetting the apple cart. BTW, I am a general member.

Reply to
WB4GUK

You my friend were in the MINORITY !! wanting JIM McN to be removed ( proven by the voters ) ( I even would have not voted for him)

if MOST wanted him gone he would have been voted out

MOST VOTERS wanted him IN..

TERM LIMITS would have done what MOST members did not want

now do you see why this is BAD ???

take YOUR personal feelings about JIM out of this consideration...

similar feelings is why some support it...

what is in the overall best interest and the good....????

Reply to
sfrank69

Aren't you in Australia? Are you an AMA member? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Sorry, you are incorrect. Look at it in the terms then next sentence suggests. Do you want any doctor (pshrink or pediatrician) to operate on you or one that has gone to a specialty school for the type of surgery you need? They are all doctors.

All anyone has to do is READ the AMA bylaws and act accordingly and they can become a Leader Member. The only potential fly in the ointment is that you generally must convince at least your local AMA VP that you are worthy, but there is a process whereby you can go around that pontificating fool, should you have one. It should be clear from this exchange that had I applied during the pshrink's career with AMA, my application would have been rejected. Of course he also sent me email bringing up charges on the internet but then 'deleted' the email that caused his threats when I tried to find out what was going on. Thank goodness he is out of the AMA EC.

And that refusal defines your personal insanity, snake in the grass vindictiveness, and intent to destroy the AMA so you can prove something. You have convinced me that you are nothing but a low life scumbag that probably cheats on his wife and the world. The refusal to share thoughts coupled with the insistence that others do your bidding is not the stupidest thing I have ever heard you do or say, but it is typical of your worthlessness. Try to be a human, more folks will discuss things with you instead of yelling, or just go pound sand.

G'day mate!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

rec.models.rc.air is not a US only group...

Reply to
Gavin

Right. Is the topic US only? mk Strangely enough, this thread illustrates what happens when ill-informed people have a "say"

Reply to
MJKolodziej

"Six_O'Clock_High" >> > taking control of the EC away from the membership and they are only

Ok., so Six may not be objective on this............. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

I am in Australia. I am a former AMA member and become a member again when I spend time in the USA. I am bi-continental. I have residences in three places. I am a citizen of the USA and a permanent resident of Australia.

I guarantee you I am more of a leader than a guy who stands here and tells you that a casual, but paying, member has less rights in a club than he does. It's a club, for heaven's sake. Clubs have a specific function and membership is equal. Over the years, the members who are long since gone changed the AMA into what appears more like a rogue nation than a club. Sad and unnecessary.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I'm hardly ill informed, mate. I've been an AMA member and will be again when I need to be.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

The same people that took over a brothel with a liquor license in Nevada and it then it went broke?

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Well Vance, we have all seen the disaster caused when "" just because they don't want to get involved in the politic side of the org." vote on people in a National Election for congress .

People act like becoming a Leader Member is a big deal. Anyone can do it, $10- all you need is to show the initiative that you are interested in the organization and be sponsored by 3 other Leader Members, or by 3 Open Members and an endorsement your District AVP or VP.

See

You want to be a leader member? I will put my name to the nomination form assuming you meet the requirements.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I was probably one of the most active members in D-V working to have Jim McNeill replaced. He stayed in office by manipulating the system, and the EC under Dave Brown (who could always count on JM's vote)allowed him to get away with it even to the point of allowing him to appoint a successor that wasn't even a Leader Member (as required) until JM bypassed all the rules and made her one.

As more and more people became aware of his actions he would have been soundly defeated in the next election had he lived that long. He carried the last two elections only because he had nominated a couple of his fans as spoiler votes so that he barely made it by a plurality vote.

Even with the McNeil experience, I didn't then or do I now, want to see the vote of the membership compromised by term limits

Reply to
Red Scholefield

How many people know that the nomination committee is the EC. If a dud candidate (even one presently in office) chooses to run again he must be nominated? He can be kept off the ballot by a 3/4 vote of those VPs voting. Article IX, Section 2.

I don't know if this option has ever been taken, but there certainly was one instance where the EC was negligent in this manner.

That is water under the damn. AMA has new leadership and I hope we don't screw it up by imposing term limits on them.

Reply to
Red Scholefield