AMA Exec Director Steps Down

From AMA Web Site.

Koranda Named AMA Executive Director (Added 11/01/04) The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Donald J. Koranda as its new Executive Director, by a unanimous vote of its Executive Council (EC). Effective December 6, 2004, Don Koranda will replace Joyce Hager who requested reassignment after serving in that position for nine years. Joyce Hager will continue to play a significant role in the management of the AMA.

Don Koranda comes to AMA from the National Aeronautic Association (NAA), in Arlington, Virginia, where he served as NAA president and as its representative to the AMA EC for the past six years. The NAA recently announced the appointment of David Ivey as its new president, and he will continue the tradition of the NAA president serving as the NAA representative on the AMA EC.

Dave Brown, AMA president said, "Joyce Hager has done a terrific job as AMA's Executive Director after stepping into that position during trying times. Her service to AMA has been of the utmost importance to the continued growth of the association, and we are fortunate to have had her as our Executive Director. I feel confident that she will continue to be an important part of AMA's management.

"Don Koranda brings a wealth of experience and expertise to AMA, and I'm confident that he will take the organization to the next level. I have worked with Don as the NAA representative to AMA and I am excited to have him as our Executive Director. I look forward to some great things. This is a great day for AMA."

Reply to
Red Scholefield