AMA Notice

The Academy of Model Aeronautics' Executive Council (EC), the governing body of the organization, and its Executive Director, Don Koranda, have reached a mutual decision not to renew his contract. This decision was made at the EC's quarterly meeting on October 15, 2005. It is effective immediately.

Longtime AMA employee Joyce Hager has been appointed staff director and will oversee the day-to-day operations until an interim executive director has been named.

"Joyce is an accomplished executive who is well-prepared to fill the association's immediate staff leadership needs while a replacement executive director is sought," said AMA president Dave Brown. "We are very fortunate that she is willing to assume this position."

The EC has appointed a three-person search committee charged with locating qualified candidates and making a recommendation to the council. Committee members include the chairman, Richard Hanson (District X), and members Andy Argenio (District I), and Dave Mathewson (District II). Joyce Hager will function as a staff liaison to the committee.

The committee's search may take as long as one year. "Reaching consensus on the expectations of an executive director and finding the right person is much more important than filling that permanent position quickly," Brown said.

Koranda's departure follows 10 months at the helm of the 165,000-member association. "I knew the risks when I accepted this position and have absolutely no regrets," Koranda said recently in a E-mail to staff and the EC. "I also have no doubt about the direction in which AMA needs to go to meet its full potential. In my view, we accomplished a lot in 10 months."

"We will miss the vision Don brought to AMA, and we will do our best to continue many of the programs Don initiated during his tenure," Brown said.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I think Horrace should go for this! Assuming of course he doesn't get elected. Then we can really see if he can walk the walk!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

The only good I've seen done by Horrace was to his own ego..

-- fhhuber50677

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fhhuber506771's Profile:

this thread:

fhhuber506771

I agree! But here's his chance to really put up or shut up! But I'm afraid he will do neither!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

At least Horrace uses his real name and a valid E-mail address :-)

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

"fhhuber506771" wrote

Reply to
Lyman Slack

Was only a matter of a very short time when Koranda realized that the AMA is a bunch of hacks -- a joke of an organization.

Reply to
Jimmy Corn

I use my real name and a real e-mail address.... and if you check.. thats my ama numbner on the end of my username.

Early in the development of the internet, usernames tended to be firs initial (+ sometimes middle initial) + last name (+ sometimes reference number)

Anyone else would have figured it out without me having to tell them

-- fhhuber50677

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fhhuber506771's Profile:

this thread:

fhhuber506771

| I use my real name and a real e-mail address....

Ok, but this is a Usenet group. It's fine that you'r reading it on rcgroups, but ultimately it's a Usenet group, not a rcgroups group.

And this email address --

From: fhhuber506771

Does NOT look valid. Since it matches the Message-Id, I suspect it's not valid at all. (Though one might guess that with rcgroups that your email address is snipped-for-privacy@rcgroups.com, but that's just a guess. It's also possible that rcgroups's mail server knows to filter off the .1x7ngb part, perhaps using it to make the email address only usable for a short period of time to combat spam? All speculation though.)

| and if you check... thats my ama numbner on the end of my username.

Ok, though I would have guessed zip code first, since that's more common. (Not that zip codes have six digits, of course.) Or it could be a birthday or just some random digits because fhhuber was taken.

Spammers _very_ often have usernames like yours, with random digits.

| Early in the development of the internet, usernames tended to be | first initial (+ sometimes middle initial) + last name (+ sometimes | a reference number)

I'm not sure that's related to the Internet. For example, BBSs and other multi-user systems had similar conventions, and they predated the Internet.

I guess one could guess from your username that your last name might be Huber, and maybe one might guess that number is your AMA number, but this isn't an AMA group either, and the AMA doesn't really extend outside of the US anyways -- but this group certainly does.

| Anyone else would have figured it out without me having to tell them.

Um, no. But nice try. Try reading your post in google if you don't have access to a real NNTP server and see what sort of information is available. Sure, you might be able to make out some things (especially since you already know the answers), but you're still pretty much anonymous unless somebody really decides to track you down.

| fhhuber506771's Profile:

And your real name isn't found on your profile either.

Either way, it's sort of irrelevant -- you don't have to post here with your real name, and you don't have to give a valid email address.

However, it is a pretty well established fact that Usenet posts with real names and real email addresses attached to them tend to get taken more seriously than those without. But it's not a big deal -- ultimately it's the content of your posts that matters, not the name on them. (`On this Internet, nobody knows tht you're a dog.' (Not that this is the Internet, but it's close enough.))

And it may be rcgroups's fault that your post's identifying information is somewhat mangled, but whatever the reason, it IS somewhat mangled.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

So tell me how to prove to you this is my real name? And then tell me why I should trust you with the proof you request and my e-mail address? Why should I trust you?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

I'm surprised it took him as long as it did! Hmmm! Sniff! Sniff! I smell AMA dirty politics in this!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

For you of the UNLEARNED tribe, CJ, there is a difference between a salaried full-time job and a volunteer part-time position. The AMA Executive Director is a salaried full-time job. The AMA Executive Vice President is another thing, a volunteer part - time position, elected by the AMA voting membership.

I do understand that a person of your nature may well have great difficulty in separating the two items. Therefore I will not waste additional time explaining even these simple administrative technical details for you to become even more confused with.

One thing just for others that may read this, I have absolutely no intention of leaving East-Texas for any full-time job. In fact I presently have no intention of performing any full-time job other than those eternal Honey-Dos that seem to pop-up every time I mix epoxy.

Reply to
cainhd

You get that same message when you mix epoxy also? I thought I was th

only one:)

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:

this thread:

tailskid2

It would appear you don't regard being CFO of a multi million dollar non-profit as a full time job either! Otherwise, according to you, you wouldn't have run for the office. But then, you knew from the start that you'd never win so you never really had to worry about putting up. Hence I suspect you will never really shut up either!

We'll see what happens now that DK is gone. He was really the best chance the AMA had at doing something but like usual, the AMA had other ideas!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Why not? I use mine and have for years. No one has mugged me yet! ;^)

CR

Chuck J> So tell me how to prove to you this is my real name? And then tell me why I

Reply to
Charle & Peggy Robinson