C.G. Question

Hello, I am new to this hobby, and would appreciate some help in this area. I have a Hangar 9 J-3 cub that I've recently completed and need to balance. I marked the C.G. locations on the bottom of the wing, then my son and I each put a finger on the marks and lifted the airplane off the ground. My question is this: When balanced, should the airplane be in a level flight or three point attitude?

Thanks,

Frank

The least experienced press on while the more experienced turn back to join the most exprienced who never left the ground in the first place.

- compliments of Air Canada

Reply to
airads

Level flight. This will be the level at which it will be flying, not what it is on the ground.

Reply to
Bozo_01

When balanced, it should be in "level flight".

Reply to
Kent Chaput

It should be slightly nose down, with the tank empty. If it isn't, you can move the battery, but sometimes you have to add lead. Do not (emphasize) try to fly it until the balance is correct. It doesn't matter how much lead you add (after you have moved the battery as much as possible), but it does matter that the CG is correct.

Reply to
John R. Agnew