Can you ID this plane?

I picked up this little plane as you see it and was looking for some information on it. The wingspan is 36.5", the fuse length is 25" and has an OS .25. It would be nice to know who made it and what it was called, but most importantly is where you would suggest the C.G. would be located?

Once the radio gear is installed and the hangar rash repaired, it looks like it will be a hoot to fly! Thanks for any info..

David Hopper

Ok, guess I should had done a little more looking before I posted. It appears to be a Lanier Shrike.

Thanks for looking...

Reply to
David Hopper

Note that you have about 2x the recommended engine displacement -- should be a rocket.

Lanier should be willing to tell you the CG, but if they don't this page

gives stability calculations for full-scale aircraft. I've used it quite successfully in the past for models; if anything it gives a somewhat forward CG for my tastes. The only real drawback is that it doesn't give a formula for calculating MAC. So if you could calculate the MAC for that swept-back airfoil with an appendage on the back, you'd be all set...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Nope, it's a Lanier "Shrike". The Sig "Wonder" has a constant chord wing. Both are a boot inna butt to fly, tho...

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Fulmer