Can you identify this fitting?

Below is a link to a photo of the end of my turret mill, can anyone
identify the fitting, and more importantly, where can I buy tooling
for it?

imagedude
Is that the top of the spindle?What make of machine is it?
Reply to
mark
It's the bottom of the spindle on an Elliott mill.
Reply to
imagedude
Looks a bit like an Autolock chuck body (is there a pointed 'centre' at the bottom of the hole? If so it almost certainly is an Auolock), but the fitting to the spindle looks unusual.
HTH
Tim
Reply to
Tim Leech
It's an Elliott TR1 turret mill and that is the bottom of the spindle.
imagedude
back to the original question...
Is this what you are looking for:-
Pin face spanner, one up from the bottom on the left hand side.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
This is a view straight up the barrel, the diameter of the internal screwthread is about 27mm.
imagedude
Have you got a picture of the whole head?
Reply to
mark
Looks like a bit of collet chuck up the spout. Does it have a drawbar fitted ? If so have you tried slackening it off a few threads and giving it a big whack.
If none fitted try stuffing a long drift down and whacking that. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
Autolock.
What it's fitted to looks a bit unusual, though. It looks to be screwed on to an external thread, but there's probably a taper involved somewhere.
My O2 Omnimil has a head which obviously came from the same stable, but it has a bog standard 30 int taper.
What's the handwheel next to the spindle? Has it got back gearing (ie two sets of speeds)?
Tim
Reply to
Tim Leech
The handwheel is a fine feed! No back gearing just a five speed belt drive. Can't find a drawbar either.
Reply to
imagedude
I seem to remember seeing another Elliott mill with a "built in" collet chuck instead of a normal taper. Can't remember where.
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping