Carbon Fiber Adhesive

Hi, Is there a light weight fuel resistant adhesive for carbon fiber cloth to a Styrofoam wing.

Thanks, RC_Design

Reply to
ddcrego

Foam safe CA

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Isn't it interesting that we used to build complete models with nitrocellulose in a tube and thinned in a can and that was all the adhesives we had in the entire model? Now, my shop looks like a chemistry lab with all the solvents and adhesives...and I don't have a tube of Testor's or Ambroid in the shop.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Cashion

Epoxy. CA. PVA.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Yeah Ken but it's still reassuring to know that you may still build anything with nothing but Ambroid/Testor's and if you wish some Elmer's. There are times when I'm tempted. Remember when we built 'em to fly not crash ;-)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

I still have several of the 4 oz. tubes of Ambroid, and there are still things at which it is best; and it still smells great. For the best aromatic hydrocarbon smell, however, Sig-ment stands head and shoulders above the rest... your pal, Paul

Reply to
Paul Ryan

Ambroid will always be my favorite for chewing from the fingers.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Smith