Carbon fiber material for plane construction. Where?

Could somebody give me recommendations for an online (or offline) source of rods/sheets and beams of this material. Also, why is this stuff so expensive? Is it the carbon fiber of the
impregnated epoxy that cost so much?

source of

http://rcworldofplanes.net/prodView.asp?idProducta3
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/carbon-fiber_169_ctg.htm
While you can get it already impregnated with epoxy; most of it is not. Don't know why it costs so much. My guess is that it is relatively expensive to manufacture.
--
Anyolmouse

Tap Plastics has that sort of stuff. http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/category.php?bidE&PHPSESSID 090305093256102349811