color coding servo leads

I don't know if there is an already established "standard"..but.....after
having to trace the wires back a couple of times, I finally coded all of my
leads as follows
RED = Rudder (Red/Rudder..simple to remember)
YELLOW = Elevator (YELL sounds similar to ELevator..simple to remember)
BLUE = Ailerons (Blue reminds me of the AIR or SKY ..somewhat simple to
remember)
GREEN = Motor/power lead (Green means GO! )
regards, Rich
Reply to
rich
The only color coding I use is on dual surface control servos to distinguish left and right side servos. Occasionally I have a need to label multiple plugs coming from areas of the plane that I can't immediately tell one servo lead from another. Using Sharpie marked clear tape flags on the wire has worked for me when I need it.
Reply to
notruthless
I just put a piece of 1/2" masking tape around the servo lead and leave about a 1/2" = 3/4" "tab" (tape needs to be about 1 1/2" long) and mark as follows:
A = ailerons E = elevator R = rudder T = throttle F = flaps RET = retracts
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
| The only color coding I use is on dual surface control servos to | distinguish left and right side servos. Occasionally I have a need to | label multiple plugs coming from areas of the plane that I can't | immediately tell one servo lead from another.
... and in general the glider guys with flaps and ailerons and sometimes seperate spoilers (two or three servos/channels per wing) tend to make plugs that connect everything at once, often automatically when the wing is put into place. DB9 and DB15 connectors are popular for that. That makes the matter moot for the wing (though you might still want to label left and right) -- for other plus, tape with writing or dymo labeller works fine.
Reply to
Doug McLaren

Site Timeline