concrete runways

good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Yeah, don't you just love Usenet?

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

There were replies actually worth reading (unlike the above).

'Course I happen to think the results are rather expected. For one thing this isn't seattle.rec.models.rc.air. It's an unmoderated low-traffic world-wide newsgroup.

Reply to
Tinman

Well, I don't know the answer to the OP's question. However, replies like Tinman's are iodiotic. It doesn't matter that this is an unmoderated low traffic newsgroup accessible world-wide. The OP took the chance that there was someone who visits this newsgroup who would know about rc fields with concrete runways in Seattle. We found out there is not some one who visits that knows.

Maybe the OP should post this question on RCGroups or RCUniverse. More people traffic those sites. However, according to Tinmans logic, he wouldn't get any relevant answers because those sites are not specific to Seattle.

Reply to
Vance Howard

I can't remember the name off hand, but there is a paved strip just north of Snohomish about two miles. The club name is SRAC . Go to Snohomish and head for Machias (on the old highway) and it is on your left hand side. That's about as much as I know. Here is what I found on the net, but their webpage didn't load for me. Welcome to SRAC.com Snohomish Radio Aero Club AMA #650. Radio Control Aircraft flight training is available at the SRAC Model Flying Field. Click on training ,stop by the field ...

- 27k - Cached - Similar pages

Ken. We have a paved field we fly from at Coupeville on Whidbey Island, but you need to take a ferry or drive around and take Deception Pass Bridge to get there which makes it pretty expensive to use unless you live here. The our club name is "WIRCS"

and is popular with the "Jet Guy's" in the PNW area.

Reply to
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Looks like I picked up one from the "short bus" crowd.

What part of "low-traffic" didn't you understand? Don't strain yourself trying to answer...

Reply to
Tinman

I take offense to this remark. Are you making fun of mentally challenged children? Not that it matters. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Oh that's what he meant....Thanks Brian

Reply to
Brian Lambert

| Well, I don't know the answer to the OP's question.

Then according to some, you should not post in the OP's thread.

Of course, the truly idiotic thing is that those who point out that the original question has not been answered -- failed to answer it themselves. Basically, they 1) declared there to be a problem (or at least implied it), and 2) became part of the problem by 3) doing nothing to further a solution to their perceived problem.

And like these people, I don't know the answer either. However, I can point out how one would find it. Go to

and look for clubs near Seattle. Then look at their web sites, and see if they have pictures -- if they do, there's probably pictures of any runway they might have. Or you could send them an email or give them a call. Those are the people who would really know what's available in the area.

| Maybe the OP should post this question on RCGroups or RCUniverse. More | people traffic those sites. However, according to Tinmans logic, he | wouldn't get any relevant answers because those sites are not specific to | Seattle.

Tinman's logic is probably correct. Being in Texas, I don't pay much attention to the Washington specific part of rcgroups, but I do pay attention to the AMA District VIII (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas) forum -- and it's gotten 66 posts in 1.5 years. People post questions like the OP's question and nobody answers.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I've had over a 100 e-Bay transactions, mostly model stuff, buying and selling. I am very happy with the prices I got and what I paid.

I have recently found that the RCU Market place is a great opportunity also.

Red S. (redscho)

Reply to
Red Scholefield

On 12 May 2008 16:54:54 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Doug McLaren" instead replied:

Since you firmly believe this, keep your opinion to yourself.

Easy.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

| Since you firmly believe this, keep your opinion to yourself.

Good luck with that.

Might want to read my opinion again, however. Hint: I wasn't referring to _you_ or your contribution to the thread.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

On 15 May 2008 03:38:31 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Doug McLaren" instead replied:

The irony of it is your post complaining about other posts was not only the same thing but more of it with more angst in it.

Strange, that. Had you kept your opinion to yourself, you would have eliminated at least 3 of the very things you don't like. You netkops are all alike. As long as it's YOU doing it, no problem. After all, you have a need. Others, well, they have no right to an opinion. And you take every opportunity to let them know. Noisily.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

| The irony of it is your post complaining about other posts was not | only the same thing but more of it with more angst in it.

Read my post again -- I wasn't complaining about other posts, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy contained in a few of them (probably in the posts you seem to think I made.) You do understand the difference, right?

| Strange, that. Had you kept your opinion to yourself, you would have | eliminated at least 3 of the very things you don't like. You netkops | are all alike. As long as it's YOU doing it, no problem. After all, | you have a need. Others, well, they have no right to an opinion. And | you take every opportunity to let them know. Noisily.

Netkop? I suspect you have me confused with somebody else, or perhaps somebody else's posts confused with mine. Read my post again. Read all my recent posts again, if you think `I take every opportunity to let people know that they have no right to an opinion.' (Disagreeing with somebody is not the same as what you accused me of, however.) In any event ...

... may be of some assistance. And when you're ready to apologize, email will work nicely.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Grow a carapace.

No. I was rather certain the person I replied to was an adult.

Not that it matters though.

Reply to
Tinman

Bingo. But they still need to get out their "this thread has no useful replies!" posts--without ever realizing the level of hypocrisy they've implied.

Reply to
Tinman

LOL! You went off when someone called your post "idiotic". A little soft yourself I'd say.

mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On 15 May 2008 18:49:27 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Doug McLaren" instead replied:

I did read it again before I commented. You were quite clear on your criticism of others no matter what side you took. Mind you, I fully support your right to make those comments but I reserve the right to be sure that you note how many extra posts have been made after yours and solely because of yours. Just noting it.

Then I guess in some strange way we agree but your presentation isn't all that clear, particularly on this thread.

What of it? I have a few posts, too. I don't intend for you or anyone to wade through mine and I certainly won't be wading through yours.

Nonsense. You just supported my right to an opinion and now you want an apology? Obviously you want this thread's meandering to continue.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You have never seen me "go off," cupcake.

Reply to
Tinman

I only pointed out that it is idiotic to expect someone not to post a question here just because this is an international newsgroup instead of Seattle specific. Even though it is a low traffic newsgroup, there was the possibility of someone from the Seattle area reading the question and replying. Instead, the thread was hijacked. This is my last response to this thread.

Reply to
Vance Howard