Cow magnets ??

Actually, they do work. Growing up on a farm, I helped my Dad administer many a magnet to cows with what he termed "hardware," meaning the dumb #@%&^ swallowed something she wasn't supposed to. For the most part, they perked right back up and went on their merry way with nothing more than a magnet.

BTW, whoever said the magnets were a couple of centimeters long... They're more like 3" long, about the same size as a large animal pill, if you've ever seen one. Strong too. We've found many a lost metal part in the cow feed, in the grass, or in the gravel driveway by sweeping the area with one of these little marvels.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Yea, that was me. For some reason I often think in mixed units: 1-1.5cm diameter and 2-3 inches long, but it didn't come out of the fingers that way.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Does it work on creatures which don't have multiple stomachs? I'd think it would be too big for a human's stomach--especailly a child's stomach.

Reply to
Charles P Lamb

Go to radio shack. What you're looking for are NEODYMIUM MAGNETS

Reply to
jim

Me either. In fact, I thought they passed them because when a cow that has been given these things is pointed more or less East - West and takes a dump the

never mind. It could have been the wind that lined it up.

Reply to
Charlie Funk

Ron van Sommeren