Good Local Model Shop

Kitz in Worcester - stock a reasonable amount, include Hornby, Bachmann, Airfix, Revell, Trumpeter, PO (I think - East European company who do the Sea Furies), Peco, Parkside, quite a few odd manufacturers including Heller.

I got a Gannet last week, previous purchase was Evening Star!!!!

Reply to
Martin

If you haven't realized yet - Usenet is a worldwide affair. Could you be a bit more vague as to the exact location of this wonderful shop? :- P

Australia, British Isles, USA, Africa, or somewhere else? Give us a clue. From the message I would say that it is in Great Britain - but it woudl be nice if you stated that. Why keep us guessing?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Worcester is in UK, where else would it be?

Australia and USA names are mainly different.

Reply to
Martin

Worcester, Massachusetts. USA

Not necessarily.

Reply to
Willshak

Out of interest, is it pronounced "Wooster" as it is in the UK ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

worcester , ma, and maine and mo and ind and ca and everywhere, ya provincial.

Reply to
someone

Wus'tuh ...or so it sounds like to me.

Reply to
Willshak

But not Wor-ces-ter as some visitors might say! ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

No directions with an attitude. It coulda been in my cupboard next to the tobasco sauce

Sam

Reply to
Sam

ate you from worcester, mistah? what about your sistah?

Reply to
someone

When I lived in Boston, learning the names of places was entertaining. Worcester was Wus'tuh... Peabody was P'biddy... Medford was Me'feh... etc etc etc... great fun.

-- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

you listened to bcn way too much.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following on 08/03/07 17:20:

What's all this shouting ? We'll have no trouble here! ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

this week i've been listening to 30 bands i don't know. i was asleep during the 90's, so i'm taking a month to catch up. best so far? two lone swordsman arab strap kevorkian death machine der toten hosen (not new but....) tpoh etc

Reply to
someone

Well, we ha'n't any Worcesters hereabouts but I'm in Lancaster, York's across the river, Chester and Exton are to the east, Carlisle's to the northwest and around Philly there's a Gladwynne, Bryn Mawr and Bala Cynwyd. Townships in this county are named Warwick, Colerain, Drumore, Donegal, Lampeter, Sadsbury, Salisbury, Brecknock and Caernarvon. I'd wager you don't have any towns named Salunga, though. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Don't forget Reading, in Berks County (not BerkSHIRE, but close enough to make my librarian friend from the English Reading start leafing through an American road atlas...)

(oh and my Welsh friend informs me that we pronounce Bala Cynwyd wrong in this country... that is when the locals actually pronounce it the locally-accepted way...)

M. J. Rudy

AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
M. J. Rudy

(oh and my Welsh friend informs me that we pronounce Bala Cynwyd wrong in this country... that is when the locals actually pronounce it the locally-accepted way...)

M. J. Rudy

Sounds familiar. There's a constant war here over the pronunciation of 'Lancaster'. If you pronounce it one way the locals know you're not 'from around here'. I occasionally do pronounce it that way and one guy asked me when I moved here. I've been here for 98% of my life but he didn't believe me. :) So how are we to handle Bala?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Realize that wasting time over pronunciation issues IS a waste of time Must of us are from somewhere else anyway.

Reply to
Andrew M

Lincolnshire?

Reply to
Martin

Too confusing - you don't realise that so many places get names borrowed.

Reply to
Martin