Best model rail shop in Glasgow?

Depends what you are looking for. Not many shops to start with but Pastimes near St Georges Cross deliver a wide variety of scales. 126 Maryhill Road.
D&F at 56 Bell Street only OO/HO as far as I recollect.
GLASGOW MODEL CENTRE
This shop is located at 671 Cathcart Road
Reply to
Yoda
Very few shops to choose from in Glasgow - I used to find the one on Cathcart Road helpful when I lived up there, had a good selection of stuff in a small shop and could answer most of my stupid questions.
Regards, Duncan
Reply to
Duncan
If you fancy a trip to Edinburgh, Harburn Hobbies seems to have a wider stock than any of the Glasgow shops.
Andy Kirkham Glasgow
Reply to
Andy Kirkham
Anyone remember Jimmy Glassford in Cambridge Street? The customer was *not* always right!
Alan
Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Reply to
Alan Norris
Alan,
Yes :-)
Howvere, I got in his good books after purchasing £200 of Myford lathe and bits and pieces in the early 70s and it was OK after that :-)
Things did improve for the average punter when he had the lady in serving when she provided a friendly buffer to his unique style of retailing :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
Unique style doesn't properly describe it!
Archie B, are you not lurking here? Can you remember Jimmy?
Alan
Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Reply to
Alan Norris
Alan,
I heard he mellowed a lot in his old age. A good friend told me he had actually been invited into the back shop to look at something when he was thinking of buying a small lathe - I never achieved that in the (must have been) twenty years I frequented the shop :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
My local model railway dealer used to be W. Hubert Foster (well-known as a railway photographer). His shop was right next to my school, and it's still there as Frizinghall Models & Railways. He was always patient with the hordes of boys who invaded his shop at lunch hour, and he would even let you go down to the basement and play with his large Dublo layout.
Reply to
MartinS
He had some good stuff - the only place I ever managed to buy BSL coach kits apart from a place in Kent whose name now escapes me - their address was in West Wickham, Kent, IIRC.
Alan
Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Reply to
Alan Norris
Alan,
I've just remembered the nickname that he seemed to be known by in Glasgow circles - "Shagnasty" :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
That's the one!
Alan
Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Reply to
Alan Norris

Site Timeline