Deans connectors positive + negative

I'm going to fit Deans connectors to some LIPO batteries.
Obviously the female Deans socket goes on the battery but which way on
the two bars of the "T" do the + and - usually go?
Reply to
markzoom
On 19 Jan 2007 02:13:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@digiverse.net wrote in :
When the piece is sitting upright so that the two pieces of brass form a T, I put the positive on top (the crossbar) and the negative on the bottom (the vertical stroke of the T).
Here's how these guys say it:
"The Female side is usually connected to the battery pack, and the negative terminal is usually the terminal that is parallel to the long side of the conector."
The Dean's plug I have in my hand has got a plus sign under the solder lug of the crossbar and a minus sign next to the base of the T. They're molded in, so perhaps your connector has the same markings.
Marty
Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ
Excellent, thanks, that's the reply I was looking for.
Mart> On 19 Jan 2007 02:13:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@digiverse.net wrote in :
Reply to
markzoom
Dean's plugs have the + marked in the molding; there are some knock-offs floating around that don't.
Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack