Charge time

Hi,

My friend recently bought a mechanical on off timer for the purpose of keeping his transmitter, receiver and ignition batteries, all NimH, charged and ready during the cold season when he doesn't plan any flying.

Seems to me Red Scholefield suggested something as the following, but with a 15 minutes charge, every hour during flying season.

The timer he bought can be set for 1 hour charge at a time or do 12 one hour charges, over a 24 hour period. His question is, if the timer was set to give a one hour charge every 24 hours, would that work out?

Any comment about this would be appreciated.

Wan

Reply to
wan

Ted,

Thank for the idea. Unfortunately, we in the Midwest have cold weather. Though my friend is rather fussy about solutions that does not include an approved product, he may take your suggestion at least for the winters here.

Wan

Reply to
wan

Hi Wan, What I do is to fully charge my batteries at the end of a flying day. I use a Triton charger, not the wall wart type chargers. Then I plug the batteries into the suitable wall wart charger and the wall warts into a timer. The timer is set to come on for 1 hour every day. This is enough to keep the batteries fully charged, but not enough to over charge them. They are always ready to go the next time I fly, whether it's a few days later or a few months. Hope this helps, Paul

Reply to
42etus

Paul, This certainly helps. The point is, my friend is doing just what you you do but with a strip power outlet plugged into the timer and he could charge any number of batteries with their own respective charger. What you said would be very reassuring to him. I will print a copy for him. Thanks! Wan

Reply to
wan