External charge connector

Greetings fellow flyers -

I have a trainer with a 4.8V receiver batt connected directly to the receiver. It works, but I have seen people at the flying field charging their receiver batts between flights with an external connector. What do I need? I don't want to take the wing off between flights and dig the battery connector out of the receiver every time :-)

Is there an external charge connector that mechanically disconnects the battery while it charges it? (Like the headphone connector that disconnects the speaker when the headphones are connected.)

The batt pack is rated at 500mAh and the receiver draws 250mA with 4 servos.

Tnx - LeeH

Reply to
Lee Hopper

Howard

Reply to
Howard

Go to

and search for "charge jack".

Jim

Reply to
Joe Bill

"Ernst" makes an external charge jack that accepts your Futaba jack and mounts on your fuselage. (Check Tower) However, it really should not be necessary to charge at the field between flights -- you can use a VoltWatch to monitor the state of your batteries.

Reply to
Lyman Slack

Great planes makes a charge and switch jack. It works most of the time. I've been known to cut a little slot in the fuse and let the the plug hang out. mk

Reply to
MK